29

Three months.

That's all that he got was three months in jail.

Even though I felt like he deserved more, I knew that I was one of the lucky ones. I always wondered if my family weren't so prominent would he even get sentenced. 

There were a lot of emotions, but I finally felt closure from Drew.

I always felt like most things in life happened for a reason.

While he hurt me, he also leads me to the love of my lifetime.

Mazhar Aydin was everything that I wanted in a man.

I was so glad that he was by my side through it all.

He's the most caring person that I'd ever met.

The best boyfriend a girl could ask for even if it had barely been a month.

I spent at least six days out of the month watching Beau play baseball. If he was playing nearby and I didn't have any commitments, I was at his games. He never let me forget how much he appreciated my presence.

Baseball was a long-ass game.

This weekend both of our families were coming to California. Of course, my parents couldn't really watch a baseball game, but Ashton was coming. My parents still insisted on having everyone over after the game door dinner.

I was looking forward to it, I missed his cooking.

"Has he been treating you like a gentleman, Nat?" Fabian asked me.

I nodded my head. "Always."

"We're going on a family vacation to The Bahamas in July, you're more than welcome to join us. We figured it would be good to bond as a family, celebrate Beau's graduation, and hopefully that he got drafted. Plus you're not in a boot anymore!" Kate brought it up.

Fabian held up his hands. "Separate rooms and everything, but yes you are welcomed."

I gave them a small smile. "Sounds great. Thank you for the invitation."

"Of course! You've helped our boy so much. Plus, you've become such a huge part of our family over the past year." Fabian responded.

It felt so good to be adored by his family. I don't know what I would have done if they didn't like me.

Beau loved baseball and you could tell that when he was playing. I loved watching him play the game that gave him so much joy.

Seeing his happiness was worth sitting there for four hours.

"What do you think Ash? Are you going to be a student here in three short years?" Beau asked my brother.

It was just the three of us in my car driving back to my parents' house.

"Hmm," Asher began, "I still need my official offer, but you know that I love UCLA. Are you nervous about the draft?"

That was a topic that Beau and I had been avoiding. The thought of him being across the country when our relationship was still so fresh was scary. The last thing that we wanted to do was hold each other back.

I never voiced how nervous I was because I didn't want to scare him.

"I mean yeah." Beau answered. "But at the same time, this is all I ever wanted when I was a little boy. Wherever I go, I'm sure that I'll make the best of it."

"We'll make the best of it." he picked up my hand.

That gave me butterflies.  

I liked that he saw us as a unit.