12

When I brought up UCLA's home opener at family dinner, I only did it so Ashton would come with me. I didn't want to be sitting along looking like an idiot. 

I never thought that my whole family (minus Archer since he was in DC) would want to tag along.

There I was outside Jackie Robinson Stadium with my parents, Ashton, and Tatum. I hoped that my dad didn't drive attention to himself or us.

Then again, my mom was doing that by forcing a random man to take a picture of us outside the stadium.

"Archer is going to be so jealous," Tatum commented. 

She looked so cute with her two ponytails and bows. 

"Natalia isn't this going to be such a good family bonding experience?" Ashton put his arm over my shoulder

He was such a smart ass.

"Excuse me, did you say Natalia?" a man with the slightest accent asked.

I turned around to see a man with dark hair, olive skin, and deep brown eyes. Behind him was a middle-aged white woman with long, flowing blonde hair. Who wore a blue silk top, white jeans, and wedges to a baseball game?

Then there were two teenage girls with their phones in their hands.

One looked like the man, and the other looked like the woman.

"Yes, I'm her father." my dad stepped in front of me, defensively.

The man held up his hands for a quick second. "Oh, no. I have no issues. I was just wondering if she was the name Natalia my son has been hanging around."

Oh my gosh, he was wearing Beau's number.

I stepped from behind my dad. "Beau?"

He nodded his head. "I'm Fabian Aydin. It's so nice to finally meet you."

If I knew that I would be meeting his family today, I would've worn something better than a UCLA sweatshirt and leggings.

I knew that I should've put on jeans at the very least.

"I'm Natalia Fitzgerald." I shook his hand. "These are my parents, Cole and Aiyla, my brother, Ashton, and my little sister, Tate."

Fabian faced the girls behind him. "This is Mazhar's step-mom, Kate."

So his dad calls him by his first name.

Interesting.

The blonde woman pulled me into a hug. "You are so gorgeous! I'm happy we ran into you. Beau didn't mention that you would be here."

She had the thickest southern accent ever.

"These are his sisters, Margot and Ella Mae. Margot by blood and Ella by love." Kate pointed out.

"You are much prettier than he let on." Margot looked me in the eyes.

I smiled at all of them. "Thank you. Margot, he's told me a lot about you."

I couldn't say the same about the rest of them. I wondered what happened with his biological mom.

"How long are you guys in town for?" I asked them.

"Just until Sunday morning, we have to make it back in time for work and school," Fabian responded.

My mom cleared her throat. "You all should totally come by our house after the game. We can order pizza and get to know each other."

Wait a damn minute.

Kate looked at Fabian. "We don't have anything better to do."

"And it would force him to hang out with us." Fabian joked.