7

I went the entire Sunday without hearing from Beau.

I even texted him to see if he was alright, but he never answered. So I just decided it would be better if I gave him some space for the day.

Even though I was worried about him, I didn't want to seem overbearing. It was a weird situation.

Monday morning I went to the gym, back to the apartment to eat and shower, and then to my classes for the day. All of which were boring or made me want to cry.

I guess it was good to have balance.

I walked out of my United States history class when my eyes stopped on someone.

There he was.

Wearing a t-shirt, sweatpants, and glasses. I didn't even know that he had glasses.

I started walking faster so that I could catch up to him.

"Hey." I touched his shoulder.

Beau turned around. "Hey, you."

"How have you been? I almost felt like I was being ghosted." I began

"Sorry about that. I was hungover and then my dad was in town for a business meeting. We had lunch yesterday, he was on my ass about shit, I drove him to the airport." he briefly explained.

"Thanks for everything on Saturday night. I probably should've texted, but you know. I was just in autopilot mode." Beau added.

I nodded my head. "No problem."

"I have Integrative Neuro in fifteen minutes, but do you wanna go to Sunshine's tonight? Think of it as my thank you." Beau suggested.

Their chocolate cream pie sounded so good right now.

I gave him a small smile. "I would love to, but I have to go to my parents' house for a photoshoot. Archer is in town."

Beau grinned. "Ask him if he remembers me."

"Can we go to Sunshine's tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Yeah." he agreed. "Does eight work? I know it's kind of late, but I have conditioning and practice until seven."

"That works." I agreed.

"Cool." he just looked at me. "I'll see you later then. I gotta get to class. Bye, Natty."

I chuckled. "Bye, Maz."

I walked to my apartment, did my hair and makeup, and put on the navy blue dress that my mom picked out.

Everyone was dressed in blue and white. What better color was there to wear when your dad was running as a Democrat?

I grabbed my heels and started the thirtyish minute drive home.

There were two extra cars in the driveway. I assumed that they were photographers. or videographers.

"Is that Neely?" my older brother's voice called out.

He walked out of the dining room wearing a navy suit with a white tie. Archer was my dashing and athletic older brother. He was tall with curly sandy brown hair and brown eyes.

When it came to foundation shades, Ashton and I were warm honey, Tate was classic tan, and then there was Archer who was easily beige (unless it was summertime or baseball season).

We were quite a diverse set of siblings.

"Is that my future Yale law student brother?" I held out my arms and he hugged me

Then he started roughhousing.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" my mom clapped her hands. "Wrestle after we take pictures."