8

- Beau's POV -

If there was one thing that Sig Chi was known for was for parties. Especially the annual Halloween party. Now I had a "girlfriend" to do cheesy matching costumes with.

I saw her walk through the door with her friends.

Then I got this weird feeling in my chest that I hadn't felt in a long time.

"Go ahead." Matteo hit my arm.

"I'll be back." I patted him on the back before I walked toward her.

Her eyes met mine. "Danny."

I looked her up and down. She had on a black off-the-shoulder top, leather pants, and red Nike dunks instead of heels. My kind of girl.

"Hey, Natty. You look good." I complimented her.

"I could say the same about you." she winked.

Nia - who was dressed up as a schoolgirl - cleared her throat. "We're going to let you two have your moment. We're going to go make our rounds."

"Do you want a drink?" I offered.

"Always trying to get me drunk." Nat shook her head with a smile. "I'll take you up on it though."

I held out my hand and she took it.

I took her inside the locked house and led her to the kitchen.

"I've got a new drink for you." I began as she sat down at the island. "Well, it's not new but I think you'll like it."

"What is it?" Natalie questioned me.

I held up the orange juice and tequila. "A tequila sunrise, Natalie. You're gonna love it."

"I don't doubt that. Where do UCLA students go for Spring Break? My group is trying to plan." she asked me.

"Mexico. Cabo, Cancun, you get it. But I've never gotten to go anywhere because of baseball." I explained to her.

She frowned. "That sucks."

I shrugged. "It is what it is. I signed up for it after all, but you should go and have fun with your friends."

"Isn't your Dad's wedding in March too?" Nat questioned me.

She never forgot anything.

"I think it's the Saturday after the week of Spring Break. Are you ditching me?" I slid her the drink.

"No." she took a sip. "I was just going to get my returning flight to Texas."

I gave her a small smile. "That means a lot. Thank you. Do you like it?"

She nodded her head. "It's good."

"You know what this means? You and I get to enjoy a twenty-hour road trip together on the way back to campus." I remembered.

Nat squinted her eyes. "I'm sure Southwest has some great deals on one-ways."

I shook my head. "Nope. Twenty hours, four states, it'll be fun. Plus I can take you to Buc-ee's. It's a big ass gas station with everything you could ever dream of. It's a Texas specialty."

"Ok." Nat laughed.

Her laugh was contagious, you never wanted it to stop.

"I've never been to Texas, so this will be fun." she added.

I leaned on the counter. "Really? What states have you been to?"

"Oh lord." she thought about. "California, Utah, Nevada, Oregon, New York, Massachusetts, Florida, Hawaii, Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Maryland, and Virginia. I don't know if D.C. counts, but I've been there too. What about you?"