Chapter 38 Showdown with Hero Faction Part 2

I and the others are now walking at the gate entrance of Nijou Castle.

Kiba=Hm, if I remember, when I defeated the assassin who attacked me and the others earlier, before he fell, he said that Cao Cao was waiting for us at Honmaru Palace.

Kiba spoke as we walked.

Y/n=Honmaru Palace eh?

Inside of Nijou castle, we walked past the gardens of Ninomaru Palace, and could already see the moat around Honmaru Palace. We passed through the large gate that is connected to Honmaru Palace.

A few moments later, we reached a place full of rows of ancient Japanese eaves.

Cao Cao=I see you have defeated the Balance Breaker-using assassins. Though they only count as low or mid-class Sacred Gear possessors, they do have Balance Breakers after all. It is surprising that you all were able to defeat them.

I caught sight of Cao Cao's figure standing in the garden. There were also many other members of the hero faction in all around the buildings. All of them were wearing the same old uniform as before

Kunou=Mother!

Kunou cried out. Following her gaze, I found a woman in a kimono standing there. I could see fox ears on her head, as well as several fox tails. This must be the kyuubi leader.

Kunou=Mother! I am Kunou! Please wake up.

Kunou cried out to her mother. But no matter how much Kunou cried out, her mother remained unresponsive.

Kunou then angrily glared at Cao Cao and his group.

Kunou=You guys! What have you done with my mother!

Cao Cao=Didn't I explain already? We hope to have your mother cooperate during this time for a little experiment, little princess.

Saying that, Cao Cao tapped the ground with his spear. In that instant Yasaka began to cry painfully, and her appearance began to change.

Her body began to shine and its form gradually transformed. Expanding constantly, Yasaka began to blow up in size and turned into a giant nine-tailed fox.

Y/n=Cao Cao! Making this replica Kyoto and controlling the kyuubi leader, what kind of stupid thing are you planning?

Cao Cao=Using Kyoto and the power of the nine-tailed fox, the plan is to summon Great Red to this place.

Y/n=Why do you want to summon that massive dragon huh? That dragon, all he wants to do is swim and fly around in the dimensional gap, but he is harmless to everyone, right?

Cao Cao=Correct, that dragon is essentially harmless. But to our boss his existence is an obstruction. It makes going home very troublesome.

Y/n=So you are going to summon Great Red and kill it?

Cao Cao=Well, maybe we won't go that far. Anyway, no matter what, it's just an experiment to see if we can summon a powerful existence.

After Cao Cao finished his sentences, Xenovia stepped in front of me and then she summoned her Durandal.

After being upgraded by the church, Durandal was returned to Xenovia. It just arrived this morning.

Xenovia=..I don't understand these things, but I am sure bad things will occur after you capture that gigantic dragon. Also, the kyuubi leader must be returned.

The sheathed Durandal, the various parts of the sheath began to move and transform.

The sheath began releasing a large amount of holy aura. It covered the entire length of the sword, and the massive aura shaped itself into a blade.