Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino - III

«Miss Reed, care to solve the next problem on the whiteboard?» Mr. Brown asked and I stopped chewing my pencil. I raised my head to look at him. The whole class was staring at me too.

«Can't someone else do it?» I almost whispered. I was not in the mood to be embarrassed in front of all my classmates. I don't know how to do maths, ok? Like, who does anyways?

«No, miss Reed. Get up and solve the problem or you can just leave my class. I want everyone involved. So if you don't want to, just get out!». I got up sighing. I took a chalk in my hand and started writing stuff on the board. I don't know if they're right, but I actually don't care at all. I won't ever use maths on my life. Like seriously, never!

«You're not even close, miss. Just sit down» he said frustrated and so I did. He picked up another girl and she started solving the problem. I held my head in my hand and placed my elbow on the desk.

I heard a notification sound from my mobile phone and I jumped up. I took my phone and opened it. Please be Alex. Please be- It's not Alex. It is just another fucking old man. I closed my phone and placed it next to my hand that was resting on the desk. Another notification popped up and I opened my phone lazily to see what old dude hit me up again.

My eyes popped out when I saw a "Alex T. send you a message" written on the notification box. I took a deep breath and pressed it. The conversation opened up and a new message was added.

Alex T.
Good morning beautiful

I smiled looking at my screen. Thank God Kelly is not here or she would have already shouted at me for smiling at his messages. I started to type my reply with shaky hands. Why was I shaking?

Klarisa R.
Good morning.

Alex T.
You're a morning type
huh

Klarisa R.
No. Not at all.

Alex T.
Eh me neither

Klarisa R.
Then why are u awake?

Alex T.
Didn't sleep well last
night. Actually I didn't
sleep at all

Klarisa R.
And why's that?

Alex T.
I had some things
about work on my
mind, thinking about
you... You know, just
the usual stuff;)

I felt heat rise to my cheeks, which must be red as a tomato right now.

«Miss Reed, don't you know that phones are not allowed in class?» Mr. Brown asked ironically. «Give me that or-». I got up, took my bag and left. I cannot take him anymore. He's so annoying. I decided to drop school for the day. I'm not in the mood, really.

Klarisa R.
Thinking about me?

Alex T.
I was, actually. If
you believe it or
not. You seem like
a nice,
down-to-earth girl.
I'd really like to get
to know you and if
you want anything
to happen, I am
available at any time.
But, I don't want to
press you to do
anything. Although, if
you want me to be
your daddy, you have
to send something.