Responsibility - XXVIII

Enjoy❤️(Random song, I just get emotional when I listen to it -for some reason- and it helped me write the chapter)

Alex's P.O.V.

What the hell just happened? Our little moment was going fine and she just...collapsed. We all looked at her shocked, as she was hugging Martha, who was wide-eyed as well, but still hugging her back.

«Get me out of here...» she begged Martha, sobbing. I furrowed my eyebrows. My poor girl... I don't know how it is possible for her to feel like that, but I'm pretty sure she's so broken right now.

«Baby...» I whispered and took a step on the front. I need to comfort her and make her realize that it's just me, and not that fucker. She needs me now. To take care of her. Protect her. Make her feel safe and well.

Matt, though, raised his hand at me, signaling for me to stop walking. He came closer to me. «I think yer need to leave 'er for now. Don't ya see 'er, mate? She got scared by yer actions. Let'er feel better first» he whispered.

«I can make 'er feel better!» I whisper-shouted at him.

«No, man, ya can't» Miles got into the conversation, also whispering. «You don' know what she's goin' through. None of us does. She feels like she's in danger. I fink we should let 'er sleep and then take 'er to the hotel. But yer have to try not to touch 'er so much» he continued and my lips formed a line.

«I can't keep me hands off her, mate». Martha looked at me with furrowed eyebrows, but then closed her eyes again, moving my baby a bit on the sides.

«Yer have to. At least until she tells ya that she's okay with that. Let 'er get 'erself togethe'. As long as it takes» Miles said. He's right. I need to give my Love some time. She's not okay and it shows. But, how could she be?

I exhaled and nodded. «Okay» I whispered. Miles touched my shoulder for a moment, and then looked back at the girls. Me and Matt did too.

[...]

We got back to the hotel and I parked outside. It's about 2 in the morning. Baby is sleeping in the backseats. Me and Matt sitting on the front. Miles and Martha are coming with their car. I got out of the car and opened one of the back doors.

Matt came out and next to me. I stretched my arms to grab my little girl -who is sleeping so peacefully after some pills they gave her- but Matt stopped me, placing his hand on my chest.

«Lemme do it, mate. She might wake up and freak out again» he suggested. I'm, actually, not jealous of Matt at all. I know that he would never do something with my girl.

So, I took a step back and he grabbed her. «Be careful» I told him. He carried her in his arms, bridal style. I closed the door and locked my car.

I looked at her. Sleeping on -now- Matt's chest. Her short, soft hair falling on her face a bit. Her pale skin looking so clean and beautiful, even after so much crying and after rubbing her face with her hands.

Her cheeks flaming red, making her even cuter. Her eyes closed, leaving her lashes fall and decorate them perfectly. Her brows flawless. And her lips... Oh her lips! They're like the galaxy's edge... And just so pink and plump. I wanna kiss 'em so much right now...

But I can't. They won't even let me touch her. I get it. I should stay away, not to remind her the moment that this tragedy happened. I can't control myself though, man. She's too pretty for me to keep my hands for myself.

Now that she's sleeping, I got the chance to touch her. I caressed her cheek with my hand, placing some of the fallen hair back. She hummed in her sleep and I pulled my hand away, immediately, not to scare her again.