ƈԋ.2-ANIMALS ARE NOT JUST ANIMALS!

CHAPTER 2

— ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅꜱ —

James Mikaelson

↫✾↬

James Mikaelson couldn't deny that staying at Hogwarts wouldn't be interesting. From what he had experienced so far the only true downside he saw was the fact that they had to wear robes. What was up with that? Why would someone make kids look like monks and deny them the choice of showing skin? Scarlett had also mentioned something about blood prejudice but James figured he wouldn't have a problem with that. He was a demigod, after all, and if golden blood isn't pure enough for wizards he sure as hell doesn't know what is.

After talking in the really comfortable common room with his sister, brother, and cousin they all decided to retire and go to sleep. Well, in his and Silas's case spelling meant shitloads of alcohol and passing out from exhaustion.

That's exactly what they did. Once they got to the boys' dormitories they so cleverly figured they wouldn't be sharing a room with the self-entitled Marauders since there was a door with their names on it. James opened the door followed by Silas and inspected their room.

It wasn't his room. By far. But it was. . . . nice. There were two four-poster beds, in opposite walls, a wardrobe for each, a door he figured would lead to a bathroom, and a window. He quickly conjured up bags with his stuff and threw them in the closets — Silas did the sensible thing and just conjured up his things in the closet. Then both James and Silas went across the hall to the Marauders' room.

The moment James walked in after Silas, he saw each of them sitting on the ground, leaning against their beds as they laughed. The group of four grinned at the two of them and immediately started to pass around bottles of a substance that James thought looked a lot like bourbon but was in fact lavarum or firewhiskey. He reckoned his family had better stuff (not that he would know. . . .) but he definitely wasn't complaining.

The rest of the evening they mainly talked bullshit and James just thought of how cool these guys actually were and how different their lives were from his. They seemed like they didn't have a care in the world but he had a feeling that they all had their problems and monsters, and overall a lot more concerns than he had. He also noted that the marauders made a lot of puns. He thought they were rather funny if you asked him. Like, oh deer that's sirius business.

After a lot of drinks and an enthralling music performance by Silas and Sirius singing the Beatles' song Come Together off-key and with an improvised and uncoordinated choreography thrown in the middle of it, James MIkaelson was short of breath with how hard he was laughing. He and James (the other one) also had a serious discussion about how their name was a gift and people should appreciate them more —James reckoned he and the other James would get along just fine. Then after some cupcakes, he and Silas went to bed and both indeed passed out of exhaustion.