ƈԋ.4-THE TREE'S NAMED ALFREDO

CHAPTER 4

— ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱʜɪᴘꜱ —

Silas Parker

↫✾↬

His whole life was chaotic. Silas Parker couldn't pass more than a day where there wasn't a single thing out of the ordinary, which subsequently made it ordinary. But he wasn't complaining. He wasn't a guy for normality and he wouldn't settle in the middle.

Maybe it had to do with the way was raised. Fine. It definitely had to do with that. Nothing in his life had ever been orthodox. His dad, Kai Parker, was a siphoner that was bullied by his family and eventually killed them, subsequently being sent to a Prison World in 1994 only to be freed by his aunt Ellie, his mom, and his uncle Kol.

His mom, Davina Parker (nee Claire), was a New Orleans witch that was going to be sacrificed in a harvest until Elijah and aunt Ellie saved her.

He, himself, was an accident, a product of teenage pregnancy, part of the cliche of 2011. The wave of 'mistakes' though they were constantly reminded that they were just 'pleasant surprises'. He didn't care though because he wasn't treated like a mistake. His parents always made him feel special. Not in the, your drawing is so good way when it actually isn't. But they gave him a home and love and everything that they didn't have growing up. Well, he had a sister, Atlas, and he was sure Kai had siblings growing up — mainly because he killed about half of them and his younger twin siblings are still alive (aunt Liv and uncle Luke are still somewhat cold towards his father but other than that hitch the family relationships were great).

Kai Parker, his dad, though many thought a sociopathic maniac that had a thing for killing, was his hero. The guy was a legend, either if it was in a positive and negative way Silas didn't care. But then again every kid of the new generation had their morals slightly mucked, which meant they don't blink an eye to horrific background stories their family has.

Besides, much like his dad, Silas liked to take everything as a joke. He didn't blab like his old man, his mom made sure of it. Though his sister was great at talking and talking and talking. . . . He did have his mother's hot temper but only when his sugar levels were down (so mornings, and when he didn't have his cupcakes).

That's was why he went so well with his brother in everything but blood, James Mikaelson. The latter was a loud and sometimes obnoxious lad. He was impulsive and rash-like uncle Kol but he had a huge heart and cared deeply. Their friendship wasn't perfect though, of course, they argue, but what siblings don't?

Speaking of James, the both of them were making their way to Transfiguration at the moment. They had just entered the room — again late, due to a problem with toothpaste and penguins (don't ask). Silas looked around he noticed that Scarlett wasn't in the room, but then he remembered they didn't have this class together (which was weird as they all had the same classes for years in Hecate). Everyone else thought was already there. It was a Monday morning, and he could almost laugh as he saw India's head almost falling from her head as her eyes drooped. Hope was by her side doodling on her notebook, like she usually did when she was bored. The marauders, their new friends were one or two tables over, and Silas noticed how Lupus looked more tired than usual. It must've been because of the incoming full moon, he figured —