ƈԋ. 9-MY DAD SAYS IT'S CALLED CARING

CHAPTER 9

— ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪꜱꜱ—

Silas Parker

↫✾↬

Silas grinned wildly as he held onto Scarlett's hand and pulled her outside of the castle, as they ran through the grass under the night sky.

"Where are we going, Silas?" Scarlett asked him with a laugh stumbling slightly on her heels and causing Silas to slow down.

In all honesty, Silas had no fucking idea where they were going either. Or why it was just the two of them or why when she smiled at him it was like the whole world stopped.

He blamed it on the firewhiskey.

Scarlett and he had danced the night away and she was the one to suggest they get out of the common room for some air but he was the one that dragged her across the grounds until they had reached the grass near the Black Lake.

He pulled her towards him and peered down at her with a smile, "Hi."

Scarlett let out a laugh, "Hi."

Silas kept smiling but didn't say anything as he reached up to tuck a stray strand of her blonde hair behind her ear, letting his hand linger on her jaw.

"You're really bad at hiding your feelings when you're drunk," Scarlett whispered to him with a small smile. "Did you know that?"

Silas pursed his lips tilting his head to the side and nodded solemnly, "My dad says it's called caring."

"About me?"

"Maybe," Silas muttered and Scarlett smiled softly reaching up to brush his hair to the side.

"I'm drunk, too," she murmured, "I think that firewhiskey breaks through my vampirism."

"Do you want to go swimming in the lake?" Silas suggested with a smirk, "You know, so we can sober up."

"Aren't you going to get cold, Silas? You're not part vampire," Scarlett said with a frown and Silas let out a laugh.

"I'll be fine, Scar."

That was how both of them ended up in the lake, stripped down to their underwear and immersed in a splash war.

Only in their world splash war actually meant using their magic or abilities to get the other. Scarlett would swim absurdly fast and grab onto his ankles making him fall underwater and Silas would use his magic to control the water and make the lake swallow Scarlett in a big wave.