ƈԋ. 7-SHE ONLY SPAT FIRE ONCE

CHAPTER 7

— ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀʏᴏᴜᴛꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴀʟʟᴇᴛ  —

James Mikaelson

↫✾↬

They had been there—at Hogwarts—for about a month now, and James was loving every moment of it. He never took himself for an I like school type of guy, and that's cause he wasn't. He didn't dread school like his twin sister, he tolerated it, but this school—well, apart from the homework—was by far the best he had attended—put in mind that James only went to two (Hogwarts included).

He loved the different classes, the different people, the different sports, and generally everything that was different—apart from the prejudice and shit.

And today he was doing yet another thing that he was starting to love. He was going to try out for the Gryffindor Quidditch team.

James, the other one, the James Potter one, was the team captain, and he had a lot of faith in James (the Mikaelson one) and Silas. He honestly thought they were naturals and who was James Mikaelson to deny an ego boost?

India, Hope, Scarlett, Lily, Lupin, and whoever else was his friend and wasn't trying out or in the team, were seated in the stands watching the tryouts play on.

At the moment, James Mikaelson was in position, floating in front of the three rings ready for any incoming Quaffle that the chasers trying out threw his way. There were two players trying out for the Keeper position, James didn't remember the name of the girl who was trying out but he did know she was a year younger—and vampire gene-less.

That was a genetic advantage James had, he had abnormal reflexes (like his sister and cousins) and that made him an even better keeper, and another trick he quickly realized was in his power was the fact that his magic was... peculiar, and controlling the broomstick was particularly easy.

Not missing a chance to show off in the most Mikaelson way possible, as soon as James Potter blew the whistle for them to get in the air, James mentally ordered the broom to start flying, without him, and as it flew past him, he grabbed on the stick and easily settled on the broom, getting into position as smoothly as he could.

The tryouts took about all afternoon, and by the end of it, there were no doubts about who was making the team.

James Mikaelson obviously did, as he was able to defend twenty goals out of twenty when the girl trying out only defended thirteen. Silas was also another one, pairing up with Sirius on the beater position—and James had to admit; Silas really was a natural, mainly because he had no vampire reflexes to help him whatsoever. James Potter obviously stayed as a chaser on the team, along with India and Hope's roommate, Marlene McKinnon, and some guy from the year below, something Johnson was his name. The seeker was a girl, James also couldn't remember the name of, but he was sure it started with L.