ƈԋ.5-JAMESIE GOT HIT BY THE BROOM

CHAPTER 5

— ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟʏɪɴɢ ꜱᴘᴏʀᴛ —

Scarlett Salvatore

↫✾↬

Scarlett couldn't be happier. What Potterhead wouldn't love to go the Wizarding World and to the Marauder's era nonetheless?

She was ecstatic and even more so because she got to share this with her family. As much as she didn't want to say anything Scarlett actually thought this changing universe thing was for the best for them. Not just because they could actually meet her idols and go to Hogwarts but because, in her opinion, they needed it.

Her cousins and Silas were stuck in their family. Not on purpose, mind you, but they were. They were stuck on the mindset that they had to live up to something, to their parents, and she thought that this change might actually change that. They could try to be their own person, try to make new friends instead of sticking with the ones they knew since forever.

Scarlett wasn't by far saying that she wasn't like that. In fact, her best friends were the ones she had known since forever but unlike them, she knew how to talk to people and tone down the ego that came with their families.

That was one of the main reasons that she was able to make friends outside the family, though some people still didn't like her much because of them. Not that it was a problem in Hogwarts; in fact, no one knew them. They were the new kids, and they were solely that. They didn't have to carry the burden of their names with them.

But this isn't to say that Scarletts hates her family. In fact, she loves them dearly and her family is her top priority. Family above all. Always and Forever; something she had been learning since she was born and something she held close to her heart. Because, yes, the family was the most important thing in the world for her, whether it'd by blood or not.

"Where are you going, Scar?" Amelia Bones, one of her dormmates asked as Scarlett made her way to the door of their room.

Amelia was the first friend Scarlett made when she was sorted, and honestly one of the only names she recognized from Hufflepuff. Turns out they were in the same year and sharing a dorm too; along with Matilda Abbot — or Matt as she would threaten people to call her —, Caitlyn MacMillan, and Zara Lotto (the only girl she couldn't recognize the last name). All the girls, despite their different personalities, were all extremely kind and welcoming towards Scarlett. The latter could not have asked for better roommates.

"Scarlett?"

"Oh, sorry, Amelia," Scarlett sighed shaking her head from her daze and threw a sheepish smile at the girl. "What did you say?"

"I asked you where you were going," Amelia said amused as she grabbed her clothes readying herself to go to the bathroom.

"But you zoned out," Zara butted in from her place on her bed as she turned the page of the book she was reading. "I get it. Millie can be quite the bore."