ƈԋ. 10-DO YOU REMEMBER ANYTHING?

CHAPTER 10

— ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀᴍᴀᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴡᴇᴀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ —

Scarlett Salvatore

↫✾↬

Scarlett grew up listening to her uncle telling her how her mother fell in love too easily and nearly almost always got hurt. She also grew up with her mother telling her how love was the most amazing thing in the world. So she really didn't know where she stood with all of it.

She remembered Silas kissing her the night before. She saw the look of disappointment on his face when she smiled at him like it was a regular day at breakfast but Scarlett could not, for the life of God, allow herself to let him in.

She grew up with Silas. She knew him. He usually kissed girls or more and left them the next day and the last time they had kissed he was the first one to ignore her. He was the first to turn his back.

Scarlett didn't want to hurt him but she didn't want to allow herself the chance of getting hurt. So she pretended to not remember the night before.

That was why she didn't join her cousins after breakfast and why she had only half promised to go meet them outside when she could.

She sat down at a desk in the library after having promised her roommates that she would have dinner with them. She was the only one from her group of cousins and Silas to actually work for school. So she sat there and began working on her essay for Defense Against the Dark Arts which just like the teacher was as boring as they come.

She had to write about four pages worth of how mermaids were immune to water curses. Scarlett was nearly going all Ripper on the paper when she noticed someone standing over her and she looked up to see Regulus Black standing a few feet from her an amused smile on his face.

"You look like you're about to pull out your hair," he mused and Scarlett shrugged. "Is that for Professor Clague?"

"Yup, the most boring essay I've ever had to write and back home I actually had to write one about Vampire eating habits," she said with a snort. "I never thought an essay about mermaids could be boring."

"Yes, well, Clague isn't the most exciting guy," Regulus said as he gestured for the chair a couple of chairs from her. Scarlett nodded with a smile and he sat down and began to unpack his bag to study.

"Can I ask you a weird question, Regulus?"

The boy looked up at her from his book and shrugged.

"Have you ever wondered what would happen if you were born into a different family? Without a tragic past and warnings that are endless?" Scarlett said thoughtfully.

Regulus looked slightly taken aback, "Is this question about you?"

Scarlett gave him a tight smile and nodded, "I just figured you were a good person to ask. I figured you would understand."