That time I died - Chap 2

-7 Year Time Skip- Homin is now 15

I lean against the dirty alleyway wall. School starts back up from spring break in a couple days. Not like I'll be going. I pull a pack of darts out of my uniforms pocket. I'm wearing it out today since my casual clothes are in the wash. It's itchy as hell but I needed to get out of the house.

I light the cigarette and I feel calm. It's pretty bad for me. I don't care though. Dying actually seems like something nice. My life is shit. It's been that way since my parents death. My relatives haven't spoken to me in years and only pay off my rent anymore because of their conscious. What a load of horse shit in my opinion.

I put my smokes away and walk down the street to the convenience store. I pass through the street ahead and walk into the store.

"What's up Homin?" The clerk asks. "Nothing much man." We do a quick fist bump. "Ring me up with some darts and a sprite." I say. "Alright boss. I gotchu" he pulls a pack off the wall and grabs a sprite from inside the cooler. "Eight bucks." He tells me. I pull out a crumpled fifty. "You got change?" I ask. "Come on man. You know I don't want dirty money..." he mumbles. "Don't worry Kisho, I got it legit this time." I lie. "Whatever man," he shakes his head "Money is money I guess. Here's your change." He hands me a few bills. "Thanks bro. See ya later" I say and leave the store.

As I make my way through the streets I say hello to people I know. I want to go into the city today so I'm going near the loud highway. I walk next to the cars on the sidewalk and pass by some construction. Smog fills my nostrils and I cough a bit. These cars need to get checked. Not like I'm gonna do anything about it anytime soon though. I don't give a fuck as long as it doesn't mess with me.

||||

The city is as crappy as ever. Lots of people pushing each other around. Cars honking. Loud noises coming from shops all around. At least it's something though. I tug at my shirt collar. It's extremely hot out right now, probably near a hundred degrees if I were to bet. I pull out my old phone and listen to some music. Calms me down a bit. Not like a smoke does though. I would rather have one right now but it would be a bit rude considering how many people are around me. One thing I don't want to do is go around pissing people off and starting fights. I need some AC right now. Luckily the mall isn't too far away and has some good AC.

A five minute walk is all I need to get there. When I do, a peaceful wave washes over me as I walk in. The AC feel great. I sip my sprite. No smoking inside the mall though. I bet I could get away with it in the bathroom but I'm not that desperate and much too lazy. I get a few looks as I walk around. Can't really blame them though. It's not like you see a street kid with some cigarettes in a nice mall like this too often. Whatever. Not like it's against the law. I sit down on a bench and watch some anime. Good way to relax if I'm being honest.

||||

I finish up and start to leave the mall. My legs fell asleep some time ago so I stomp them against the ground to get them up. I open the door and heat is pushed at me as I leave the nice cold of the mall. I return to my walk in the bustling crowd. Someone knocks into me. "Hey watch it!" I say loudly and push back. They fall to the ground some people stop and look but most just keep on with their day, it isn't their problem.

I walk a few steps forward to get a better look at the dude. It's a cute looking girl that looks about my age. Shit. I may not care about a lot of things but I still have my fucking morals. "Ah- sorry. I guess." I say and reach a hand to help her up. She slaps me. Well fuck you too then.

"The hell was that for you fucking asshole!?" I say angrily. "Because you pushed me!" She retorts. "Yeah? Well who's the one who shoved me out of nowhere?" I ask sarcastically. "It was an accident! You're the one who went crazy for no reason." She says. "Well I wasn't about to be walked all over by some random dude." I tell her. "So I'm some random dude now?" She asks. "Well what do you want me to call you? You're a random person I've never met before." I say. "That's not true," she says. "I met you before. You were there at the first day of high school." She explains. "Well I've never gone to school other than that one time, I can't be expected to remember someone from then. And why do you even remember me?" I ask. "Well you're the only kid that never shows up to class." She informs. "Alright fine. I already said sorry before you slapped me anyways. I thought you were trying to start something. It happens a lot where I live." I tell her. The few people still watching continue on and we get closer together to let more people pass through. "Sorry about that then. Why don't you come to school anyways?" She asks. "Well it's not like anyone is making me go. I just don't feel the need to. I haven't gone to school in seven years." I say. "Jesus. Do your parents not care about you or something?" She asks. I make a foul face. "Hey fuck you. They were great parents." I say to her. "The hell? What's your problem? What do you mean by 'were' anyways? Are they dead or something?" She asks tenderly. "Yeah," I answer. "I don't need anything sympathy bullshit or anything though." I add. "Alright. I get that." She says. "Okay well, see ya then." I wave and walk away. Oh yeah, I didn't get her name. Oh well.

I pull out my phone and play some music. As I plug in my earbuds I hear a loud screech of rubber against asphalt. The car skids towards me and crushes my body against a building. "Gah! Fuck!" I yell. As blood splatters the pavement. My eyesight goes dark.

Death.