That time I got a quirk from... - Chap 8

"And well, for the quirk... I believe it's time to introduce you to the true leader of our operations..." Kurogiri says ominously.

Is he talking about who I think he's talking about? Is this even real... All For One...

Kurogiri notices that I look dazed. "Is something wrong?" He asks. "Ah uh... no. Just curious what you mean by 'true leader of our operations.' Isn't Tomura the leader?" I ask.

"Technically speaking yes. But the founder is the true mastermind." Kurogiri explains. "I see. But how does that answer my question about the quirk, and who is this true leader?" I ask once again.

"I'll explain on the way. Follow me." Kurogiri says, and gestures me to follow him through a warp gate. I follow as instructed.

"You could call the founder a former leader." Kurogiri starts as we walk down the long underground metal hallway that the gate led us to.

"But at the end of the day, he is the true master here." He explains. "He is almost like a god, so powerful it's amazing. There isn't a single quirk much like his."

"What is his quirk?" I ask. "I was getting to that. I can't tell you every detail, since admittedly not even I know the full extent of his power, but essentially... he can give and take quirks as he pleases."

I pretend to look shocked. "So he can use multiple quirks?"

"Yes. He has countless abilities. He has one prepared for you to use." Kurogiri replies. "Ah, looks like we have arrived."

An imposing metal door that looks like a safe is in front of us. Kurogiri inputs a fingerprint scan, an eye scan, and a long password to the door. There is a click and he turns a wheel in the middle of the door. It swings open and I see him.

"Rapid, this is All For One. Be grateful that you are allowed to see him, for few even know if his existence." Kurogiri says, and leaves the room with me and All For One inside.

I get the nerve to talk. "Uh hi?" I say. All for one sits in a large chair ominously with his mask on. "Hello, Rapid." He says. I can almost hear his dark theme music when he talks. It gives me the chills.

"So. You've come to me for a quirk. For a mission hm?" He asks. "Ah- uh, yes sir. I need a different quirk for my infiltration mission." I respond.

"Are you... ordering me to give you a quirk?" He says ominously. His presence seems to beat down on me.

"I mean, I'm not the one who assigned this mission to me. I guess you don't have to give me a quirk if you love All Might and want to protect him that much." I say nonchalantly. All for One seems unimpressed. "I would kill you if we didn't need you." He says. "Yeah yeah, cool your jets." I try, but probably fail to say coolly. "What is your quirk?" He asks. "Teleportation." I reply.

"Well that's a interesting quirk. There aren't so many ones that... simple... anymore." He says. Why did it feel like he's mocking me when he said simple...

"I will give you another simple quirk to go with your teleportation. Forced Matter Manipulation. Also defined as psychokinesis or telekinesis. Though it has a few different properties than your usual definition. It can be used to change matter, not only move it. It also takes extreme precision to master." All for One says, and beckons me toward him.

I walk forward until I am right in front of him. He places a hand on my shoulder and suddenly I feel my body flowing with a new energy. This must be the quirk. Suddenly white fills my vision.

"Hello Homin, or should I say Homi?" A voice I instantly recognize says. "God... you bastard! Why did you make me a girl?" I ask angrily. "I am sure you want to know why you are back here." God says, completely "Well, yes, but don't ignore me!" ignoring my question. "Well, yes, but don't ignore me!" I retort. "Well technically this is an astral projection of your mind that I summoned to my realm, but no matter." He continues, once again ignoring me.

"You are here because I need to inform you that you will be able to master your newly acquired quirk sooner than usual. This is so that you will be able to keep living peacefully in your new world. But be warned, this is the last time I will help you out. The rest is up to you." God says, and I blink and I'm back next to All for One.

I stumble back a little bit before regaining my balance. "Thank you for the quirk, sir. I will make sure to complete my mission successfully." I say, and bow. I turn and teleport back to the bar, where Kurogiri is waiting for me.

"How did it go?" He asks. "It went fine. Text me the mission details later. I'm going to go practice my ability." I say. "That's good, if you are able to get a grip of your quirk quickly you may be able to enter through tests the regular way to avoid possible suspicion." He adds. "That would be ideal. Well I'll get back to you, see ya." I say, and teleport to my house.

I'm not so sure about this mission. Can I even blend in as a highschool when I've haven't gone to school in years? It shouldn't be too hard right? Well before I even worry about that I should focus on training this quirk. God said he made it easier, but how much easier exactly? I'll just try it out for now.

I'm pretty sure there was a bowl of apples on the kitchen table, so I'll test it out on one of those.

I walk down the stairs of my current residence to the kitchen. Sure enough, the apples are right there. I walk over and pick on up. I toss it up in the air from my hand a few times, before imagining it staying still.

It stills itself in the air. Neat. I imagine it moving around. It wobbles slightly. I focus more on the apple. It slowly starts to moving around, before stopping and falling back into my open palm as I break my focus.

Dang, this is pretty hard. Is this actually easier than normal? I wonder why All For One gave me such a difficult ability. Maybe to test me? I guess I can't be sure. Well it seems it is time to cue the training montage, too bad this is reality now. 'Time to cue hours of sleepless and exhausting training' sounds more fitting.

At least it's going to be easier that it would be otherwise... I guess.