Chapter 1: The very first secret between them!

I am happy about completing my first work as an Author- An Indian Girl's Love Story. I wish that in some world, in some dimension, this Sneha and that Raj exist, and they live happily! These characters are emotions to me. Anyway. I wrote this book since I knew nothing about what was to be done about my crush.

While I'm lost in my deep thoughts, I have Sindhu entering the room and, as usual, disturbing me! "Akka (Akka means elder sister), you know what I got to do today," she shouts as she throws her back onto the floor, untying her hair to relax!

Sindhu is my younger sister, more than a best friend to me. My emotional dustbin! Anything and everything about me, she knows! And quite similar to our Sneha, in being silly while angry! Although I am just the opposite of Sneha or Sindhu.

"Akka, I got to do something new today. Something new, special." Quite blushing, she continues, "Special because I am in my teenage." She comes home really happy and is in a rush to pour it down. It seems to stay a secret from our parents.

I ask, "Had been to a party or DJ?" But my question gets overridden.

She excitedly shouts, "I see 'Happily ever after!' on the laptop. Oh, so you are done writing your first book. Did you give it a title? Hand it over; I have to read it. Now!"

Myself, in a warning tone, "Shush! Softly. Don't shout." So, she closes the door and pulls another chair to sit beside. As if in a hurry, she pulls the laptop towards her and prepares herself to start the reading. I immediately rush my hands over to Sindhu's to pause her for a moment to warn or inform her about something serious.

Do I have this face of something like 'pitying myself'? It seems so! But I am thankful that Sindhu isn't concentrating much on me. Else, I would have got caught.

Sindhu POV

I am all into the laptop, curious to find out what's in this story, what is in Sandhya's happy daydreaming, and how well this Math teacher has done the job of being an English book Author. A pause again hurdles my excitement. "Hey, wait! Hey, don't get judgmental. I am in love or something or have some crush or something."

I reply in a suspecting tone, "Is it? Oh! Now that you mention this specifically, I am getting suspicious."

"I'm saying not to get suspicious."

I giggle back. "You are stupid, Akka! You did dig your own grave, as usual! I am suspicious now."

She bends her head down in confusion to say, "I am just warning you not to be on cloud nine for me."

I curiously ask back, "Is there someone? Anyone for you to be on cloud nine?"

Irritated, Sandhya says, "No. No. That's what I'm saying. There is no one."

Sandhya's POV

Yes, I'm not telling the truth. I'm nervous. I don't like that I have a crush on someone who does not care about me but only flirts with me. I know it does not serve any practical goodness in my life.

I am again getting lost in my world, but I hear Sindhu's voice say, "Trust me, if you sit like this in front of this very laptop and that very Microsoft Word, you will spend all your romance with this same laptop and that same Microsoft Word, writing stories! At least say dad a yes; he will find you a 'man piece'!"

I shout, "Shut up. If you cross limits, I won't let you read."

"Right, so what will you do with this book if you won't let me also read it? You decided to keep it a secret. And I don't understand why! And how? How can you keep your pride a secret? Where is the pride in there? Pride has to be proudly shown off!"