-24-

"It's cold."

Jungkook widened his eyes before removing his jacket.

"Here, take this."

"Oh you don't have to—" Taehyung was interrupted when Jungkook wrapped him up in his leather jacket.

"There, all nice and warm." Jungkook finished, face a breath away from the older. He snickered when he saw Taehyung's reddening cheeks.

"Do you wanna head back to the cafe for a hot drink?" Taehyung asked after he'd recovered from the intense blushing.

"Sure." Jungkook grinned, grabbing onto his crush's hand before dragging him out the park.

The two had been out for a playful date—an idea set by Jungkook. And Taehyung somehow agreed, as he really fancied the younger.

The tingling of the bell indicated the entry of the couple into the cafe. And Taehyung got to work.

"Have a seat, I'll whip up some hot chocolate for you." Taehyung tied his apron but widened his eyes at Jungkook's firm shake of head.

"I'll come with."

The energetic Jungkook followed a reluctant Taehyung to the kitchen.

Wisking, sifting, boiling—the two struggled to work together.

"Jungkook, have you ever cooked in your life?" Taehyung sighed exasperatedly, snatching away the jar of cocoa powder.

"If ramen counts then yeah, I guess." Jungkook shrugged.

Taehyung facepalmed. But after a while of watching Jungkook continue to be persistent about "helping", he couldn't help but cheese.

"Has anybody ever told you that's you're a handful sometimes?" Taehyung sighed, a smile playing on his lips as he stirred the pot.

"Actually yes, a billion times already."

The two laughed, and Jungkook rested his head on his shoulder. Sneakily sniffing the older's lemony cologne.

Once the drink was ready, the two made their way out to the front of the shop, with smiles and giggles, as they sipped on their beverages.

Leaning onto the counter, Taehyung smiled.

"Thanks for keeping me company on this snowy day." Taehyung sipped his drink, glancing at the male through the fog on his glasses

"Of course, it wouldn't have been a date if I'd not shown up." Jungkook winked, cheering with a layer of froth resting on his upper lip.

And Taehyung laughed heartily.

"You act so mature and manly but you're actually such a baby!"

Leaning closer, Taehyung brought a hand up to wipe the white foam on Jungkook's lip. Completely unaware of what he was doing until it was too late.

Taehyung's finger brushed Jungkook's lip, and the younger lost his mind.

A tight grip on his hand was what caused Taehyung to flinch. Looking up to meet the brown eyes of Jungkook, the two were stuck in an intense stare-off.

Jungkook's eyes travelled down to Taehyung's lips, watching as soft pants escaped the peach painted lips.

"Can I kiss you?" Jungkook asked after a pause.

Taehyung hesitated, wanting to pull away, but he nodded anyway.

And the two brushed their lips against one another, with swarms of butterflies fluttering within their hearts.

Once pulled away, Taehyung couldn't help the bright blush that dusted his cheeks.

"Look who's shy!" Jungkook cooed, patting the older's head affectionately.

"Shut up-" Taehyung grumbled, before sighing.

"Jungkook," he spoke up, catching the younger's attention.

"Look, I have been wanting a loving relationship for the longest time. I can't tell you how many women have stepped foot into my life and absolutely trampled my heart."

"But I still kept believing. Thinking that I might find someone who will stay, and be compatible to me. So when you flirted with me and told me that you liked me...it made me scared. Because I've never felt this for a guy before, and it's all new to me..."

Taehyung sighed, walking closer to Jungkook before holding his hand.

"All I want to say is, I want to take it slow this time. I want to see that this will last long, because I really want it to."

Jungkook's eyes widened before he smiled.

"Of course, we'll take it slow. I want this to last for long too, Tae."

Taehyung smiled bashfully.

The older leaned closer and quickly snatched a kiss, causing Jungkook to blush in shock.

"Look who's shy now."

TBC