-11-

"So what are you doing here?" Yoongi asked as he shifted in his seat on one of the benches lining the hospital garden fence.

"I was actually here for one of my students," Jimin inserted a coin in the vending machine and watched as two cans of cola dropped down. "and some other work as well."

Yoongi only nodded in response before grabbing the can handed to him by Jimin. With a loud fizz, the can was opened and the two relished themselves in the quiet hospital garden.

"How's your mom?" Jimin dared to ask and immediately regretted it when he saw the look on Yoongi a face darken. "That bad, huh?"

The two sat in silence for the next few minutes before Yoongi spoke up.

"My dad got himself a bail." Yoongi breathed out. "He's trying to win us back."

"Well, are you willing to give him a chance?"

"I- I don't know..." Yoongi honestly replied. "He's been a real asshole to us, but at the same time, he's my father. I can't help it but always ask for that support i always longed for as a child."

Silence then overtook the both of them once again, before Yoongi pulled out a pack of cigarettes. And after a quick click of the lighter, the death-stick ignited and he took in a deep breath before sighing out. He tilted the pack towards Jimin, but the younger only shook his head in response.

"You don't smoke anymore?" Yoongi asked asked surprisingly before tapping the ash off the stick.

"Not since..." Jimin hesitated before sighing. "Not since I started dating."

Yoongi suddenly sprung up in his seat. "You're dating? And you didn't tell me?"

"I dated. We broke up a few months ago." The younger looked at a small flower that'd somehow grown through the crack of the bench.

Yoongi let out a small "oh" and continued to smoke.

"You know," Jimin suddenly started. "I get so affected by her, even after breaking up. We broke up over something I still don't know—a something I regret so bad."

Yoongi let out a puff of smoke, before he nodded. "I can't completely understand, but know that you can tell me anything."

Jimin smiled. "Thanks, man."

"What's her name anyway?"

"Han Anthea." Yoongi felt his heart clench involuntarily. "And before you start questioning her name, she's half Korean and half French."

Jimin noticed Yoongi sudden silence, and laughed. "What? Are you thinking about how your dongsaeng got a girlfriend before you."

Finally, Yoongi let out a sigh before chuckling. He thought about how he felt so weird after hearing Jimin dating Anthea, and couldn't help but feel dumb about himself.

She can date whoever she wants, he thought, she's also not entitled to justify herself to you.

Suddenly, Jimin's ringtone pierced through the serene garden. "Hello?" He asked over the call before his eyebrows furrowed.

"You now a 'how you doing' would be nice." The man remarked sarcastically. Suddenly the brown hue in his eyes darkened, and he pursed his lips.

"Shouldn't I have the right to make a big deal out of it?" He suddenly yelled, surprising Yoongi.

He continued to look at Jimin but then saw his father waiting for him at the garden's entrance. Yoongi waved lightly and saw Jimin nod curtly before he continued barking on the call.

Yoongi wondered who was it that the younger was talking to, but he respected his privacy and so he didn't pry. Instead he followed his father into the hospital.

-x-
TBC

87 reads, yay!