-14-

"Thank you so much."

Jimin only smiled as he waved at his student and her family leaving the hospital. Although he had a lot on his mind—courtesy of none other that the very own Jung Hoseok—he still had the duty of a responsible dance instructor—and right now that was to make sure his student was safe and healthy. As he saw the retreating backs of the family of three, he finally let out a sigh before looking around the parking lot of the hospital.

He noticed a yellow scooter parked nearby and guessed that Yoongi still hadn't left. It had started getting colder, and Jimin's breaths were visible in the air while the frigid air nipped at his bare arms. But he still continued standing—his mind a chaotic mess and his heart coiled and confused.

***

Yoongi felt as though his whole world collapsed the moment he heard the very words he dreaded escape Seokjin's mouth; his mother didn't have much long to live. With tears threatening to fall out, Yoongi continued to patiently listen to the doctor as he clenched his fists—nails digging into the skin of his palms.

"I'm extremely sorry to deliver such news, but as a doctor and friend I cannot hide the truth." Seokjin spoke in remorse. Yoongi's father let out a long sigh as he scratched the back of his neck before speaking up.

"How long exactly?"

"Not long enough." Seokjin said before continuing. "I suggest you move her back home where she can spend her remaining time in peace." Seokjin looked at Yoongi, taking in his form before hesitating to go and hug his dear friend.

"Once again, I'm extremely sorry."

***

"Yah, Jimin-ah!"

Jimin looked up to find his hyung making his way towards him. "Oh you haven't left?" He asked while the older sat comfortably on his scooter.

"No, Seokjin had something to tell me." Yoongi spoke softly. "How about you? Is that student of yours okay?"

Jimin cheesed at Yoongi's worry. "Yeah, she's fine, just a sprain on the ankle."

The two stood under the dim streetlight as they were consumed by their own thoughts and problems. While Jimin thought about what he'd done to make the love of his life go away from him, Yoongi thought about what he'd do now that his mother was in such a condition.

"Hyung," Jimin started. "Can I ask you for some advice?" Yoongi only chuckled at the thought of his friend asking him for advice when he was in no state of being all high and mighty. Nonetheless, Yoongi nodded.

"How can I find out something that I've never done?" Jimin asked sporadically making Yoongi extremely confused. "I mean, if someone was blaming me for something I didn't even know I did, how should I respond?"

Yoongi thought for a moment on what Jimin asked from him. Even though he wanted to know the whole story, he knew Jimin wouldn't be comfortable sharing. And he also knew for a fact that if it were anything related to Anthea, he himself wouldn't be able to handle it very well.

"I don't know the context of this situation, and neither do I want to make you uncomfortable by asking about it." Yoongi sighed softly before continuing. "But my instinct would tell me to first go and figure out the situation face-to-face. Find out what you did, and own up to it."

Jimin nodded, carefully hearing yoongis words as he tried relating the advice to his current situation. "Thanks a lot, hyung!"

"Don't mention it. I have to head home now, so I'll see you later." Yoongi bid farewell as he drove away on his scooter, feeling satisfied with the fact that even in the state that he is in, he could at least help a friend out.

-x-
TBC

This chapter is all over the place, but it will son make sense. Just hold on!