-18-

*mentions of domestic abuse*

"Can you please change the song?"

Yoongi pleaded for the hundredth time that evening, as Anthea jammed onto a random song she'd found on the radio.

"Nope." She simply replied, having fun as she saw Yoongi's frustration taking a toll on him. "Alright fine, but you get only one song."

"Why's that?" Yoongi asked as he quickly grabbed the aux cord and plugged it to his phone.

"My car, my rules."

Yoongi sighed before pressing play on a calm instrumental song. The melody was soft and peaceful, guaranteed to make anyone feel weightless. But in Anthea's case, it got her drowsy.

She kept yawning; first every five minutes, then as time went on, every other minute.

The two decided that it was best if they called it a day and instead stayed back at a nearby motel. They could continue their journey in the morning. And although Yoongi really wished to take over the car, unfortunately his licence had been confiscated after he'd accidentally crashed his scooter into a police vehicle—don't ask how...

"Hi, we'll need two rooms please." Yoongi asked the receptionist of the small motel. Anthea remained seated on the seat near the entrance as she looked out into the dark street.

"I'm so sorry sir, but we only have one room a available at the moment." The receptionist replied making Yoongi click his tongue in frustration.

Of course they do, he thought before speaking. "Well are there two separate beds in the room?"

"Unfortunately no sir, but there is a spacious couch that either one of you can occupy." The receptionist politely responded.

Yoongi really didn't want to argue with this meek boy, especially at this time of the night, and so he begrudgingly complied, informing Anthea about the situation.

In a few minutes, the two find themselves entering a room spacious enough for the two of them. And just like how the receptionist said, there was a couch facing the bed—although it didn't look as spacious as the big described it to be.

"I'll take the couch, you sleep on the bed." Yoongi informed before heading to the bathroom to freshen up even before Anthea could argue back.

The girl only sighed in defeat, as she looked at the closed door of the bathroom. Although she had thought of Yoongi as this mean, rude man, he turned out to be the complete opposite.

She thought about how she ended up in this ridiculous situation, how her peaceful trip to Busan had now turned out to be more eventful than she expected it to be.

As Yoongi made his way out the bathroom, there had been a sudden tension that had risen in the room. Was it the thought of sleeping in the same room? Or was it the fact that neither of them knew why the other was going to the same destination?

The reason was unknown. But one thing was sure, that this night could either make or break the friendship they'd created.

***

Anthea couldn't sleep. No matter how many times she tossed and turned to find the right position, her eyes just wouldn't shut. Thoughts of all kinds clouded her mind, and at one point she couldn't even decipher any of them.

She decided to finally peek out the sheets that she was covered in, to find Yoongi looking out the opened window. A cigarette in his mouth, and a hand holding his phone, she saw him quietly spend his time sitting at the edge of the couch, peering out the window innocently.