-26-

"So this is where you were."

A voice startled Yoongi, as he got up from the bench at the park and turned around.

There stood his father, clad in a thick coat, he walked closer before taking a seat next to his son. Grunting as he massaged his kneecaps, the man noticed Yoongi's tense figure.

And he patted the spot next to him.

"Calm down, I'm just here to watch the snow." The old man spoke up, blowing his hot breath onto his hands before his mouth.

Yoongi was reluctant, but decided to sit down anyway. The man was too old to hurt him now—was what comforted him.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Yoongi's father said after a long pause. "She used to love it."

And Yoongi couldn't help the smile that grew on his face.

"Yeah," he sniffled. "Mom really loved it when it snowed."

And the man hummed, turning to look at his son with a small smile.

"So what's with this gloss thing, huh?"

Yoongi's eyes widened. "Where did you hear that?"

"I have sources." His father responded smugly before a heart chuckle left his mouth.

"I'm just teasing. Seokjin told me you would go down to the underground rap battles. You really love music don't you?"

"Yes." Yoongi simply answered. "Music means a lot to me."

The man's eyes softened as he gazed at his son. How he'd turned out to be such a fine man, was something he was very proud of.

But he also was ashamed.

Ashamed of all the things he did in the past. Ashamed of hurting his family, of letting Yoongi grow up without a father.

"Yoongi," he spoke up, startling the boy next to him.

"I'm sorry."

"Well, that's not gonna change much but alright," Yoongi dismissed, and the older male looked at him in confusion.

"The one who you should've apologised to is already dead, so there's no meaning in trying to make yourself feel better by apologising to me."

"You ruined our family. And I will never forgive you for it." Yoongi stated simply, picking at a melting snowflake on his jacket.

His father's eyes saddened. Hurt to see his son being so defensive. But he had every right to be after what his father had done to him.

"But-" Yoongi began abruptly.

"I guess I can give you another chance. Someone told me people fuck up all the time, and sometimes they don't deserve such harsh punishments."

"A-are you sure?" Yoongi's father asked, nervously.

"Yeah. As long as you can change yourself and get therapy, I don't mind forgiving you." Yoongi responded.

Maybe I also need therapy, the man thought as he leaned back onto the bench. It was about time he sorted out his trauma too.

"Thank you, Yoongi." His father smiled, patting his shoulder. "I won't let you down."

And Yoongi hummed.

"So what's bothering you?"

Yoongi's eyebrow quirked. "What do you mean? Nothing's bothering me."

"Is it about that girl again? Your mother told me about her...what was her name?"

"Anthea." Yoongi completed for his father with a blush on his cheeks. "And why were you talking about her with mom?"

"Oh no reason really. So, did something happen with her?"

Yoongi sighed. Maybe talking it out might help him out.

"She's getting back with her ex. They had a big fight but now they've sorted it all out. But the problem is...I really like her too."

"Ahh," Yoongi's father let out, scratching his chin. "So it's a lovers' quarrel."

"Don't put it that way!" Yoongi complained, flustered.

"So? Have you told her about your feelings?"

"Yeah, but she kinda rejected me." Yoongi leaned back further, retreating into his jacket.

"Well son, I can't help you out but I will say that sometimes you have to let go of something you love. Because things don't always go the way we want them to."

Yoongi turned to look at his father's warm smile, and he unknowingly had tears streaming down.

"Hey quiet down. It's alright." His father embraced him, as Yoongi choked on his sobs.

"I miss her! I miss mom so much!" Yoongi cried, clutching onto his father's coat. "Why did she have to go? Why'd you have to do all those things?"

And as snow fluffed up the quiet playground, the duo cried their hearts out in pain.

TBC