-21-

"Thank you for having us, but we really should leave."

It was the next morning and Anthea and Yoongi were all packed and ready to hit the road. They were yet to go to his mother's place before they headed back to Seoul.

"Take care sweetie. And do call me." The older woman spoke, kissing Anthea's forehead lovingly.

"I will mémère. Bye!"

And the two were off. Yoongi was the one who drove the car this time, as they weren't driving on highway roads—thankfully there wasn't a need to show his licence. Anthea sat beside him in the passenger seat, looking out the window as she waved to her grandmother.

"I hope you both find love." Anthea's grandmother muttered to herself, praying for the two that drove away before her.

Inside the car, it was silent. Neither of them spoke up. Anthea was afraid to speak as she didn't know how to respond to Yoongi's confession the night before. She didn't think she could speak to him normally after that incident. Yoongi, in the other hand, was embarrassed by his sudden confession and would shy away from talking.

It was complicated, the relationship between them.

After about a fifteen minute ride, they finally arrived at Yoongi's mother's house—a house he never knew existed before this. Anthea was shocked by its massive size, that she could help but marvel out loud.

"Woah! This is where you lived?" She asked, round eyes taking in the view before her.

"No, my mother lived here." Yoongi replied, walking towards the door before unlocking it. The keys jingled before a soft click was heard, and the door creaked open to an empty house.

"She told me this was where her family lived. But after we moved to Seoul, this house was left abandoned." Yoongi explained before heading over to the nearest room he could find. Anthea, however, was still finding her bearings.

She soon found the kitchen and went forward and helped herself for a glass of water, taking another one to Yoongi.

"Can't believe she had so much stuff left back here." Yoongi muttered, crouching down to go through the piles of boxes scattered in the room.

"I don't think all of these could fit in the trunk of my car." Anthea spoke honestly.

"I know. I guess I'll just have to take things that may be important to her." Yoongi replied, moving over to another box before halting. He looked inside the box, carefully taking out an item and observing it.

It was a picture, one that was clicked several years ago. It had torn corners and smudged sides, but what was shocking to Yoongi were the people posing in the picture: his parents. A little baby in his mother's arms as his father draped his arm around her. The two smiling widely.

"Is that...you?" Anthea asked carefully. She was surprised to see the people in the picture, so happy and contented—as contrary to what Yoongi described about his parents.

"No." Yoongi simply replied. "That is my older brother. Was my older brother. He later died of pulmonary fibrosis."

Anthea gasped at the sudden news. "I-I'm sorry."

Yoongi only shook his head. "It's alright."

He never realised how he's purposefully forgotten about his brother. Removing all memories together with him, out of his mind. 

The two gathered up the boxes before leaving for Seoul. As the two sat in the car, Yoongi received a phone call.

"Hello?" He answered, while Anthea turned on the ignition of the car.

"What?!" Yoongi yelled, and for some reason, Anthea knew that the trouble in their lives had only gotten worse.

-x-
TBC