-20-

"Mon Chou!"

Two weak arms engulfed Anthea the moment she walked into the house. Giggling at her grandmother clinging onto her, she hugged her back.

"Hi mèmére." She smiled.

"Oh goodness, you've grown thinner!" The old woman before them worried before dragging Anthea towards the kitchen. "Come on now, I've prepared food for you and your friend."

"Speaking of friend, you're the infamous Yoongi?" Anthea's grandmother asked as she noticed the man's form.

"Yes, ma'am." He replied.

"Oh don't be so formal." The older woman grinned as she invited the two into her tiny home. The smell of freshly cooked tteokbokki filling the cozy space.

The three sat down as they had a hearty lunch, with Anthea's grandma occasionally fussing over her granddaughter's posture and manners. Yoongi only chuckled in response.

Time flew by in a flash and they were now on their way to their  respective rooms. Anthea would be sleeping with her grandmother while Yoongi offered to sleep in the living room. Although a pretty house, it didn't have any spare rooms apart from the living room itself and after a very long argument between Anthea's mémère and Yoongi, he somehow convinced her that he'll be sleeping on the couch.

So here he was, eyes looking up to the wooden ceiling as he sighed deeply. He couldn't believe how fast his life was moving along. One moment he was having a typical 9-to-5 job, the next he's working as a delivery boy. Then his mother's news, and now him being all the way in Busan.

"Where did it all go wrong."

Yoongi thought aloud to himself. Was it when his father started drinking? Was it when he called the cops on his own father? Was it when he moved out of his mother's place? Or was it when he met Anthea? Yoongi just couldn't wrap his head around everything that had been going on.

He thought about Anthea, and how grateful he was to meet her. If it wasn't for her, he wouldn't have come all the way to Busan. If it wasn't for her, he would've given up playing the piano long ago. If it wasn't for her, he wouldn't have stopped going to those underground rap shows. But though he was thankful to have her in his life, he knew it wasn't right liking her.

Because she liked Jimin, and Jimin liked her back.

Yoongi sighed once again. Frustrated by his midnight thoughts.

"Can't sleep, huh?" He heard a voice chime in and turned his head to find Anthea making her way done the stairs. Careful steps making sure the wood didn't creak loudly.

"Yeah, sort of." Yoongi replied, getting up as he made space for her on the couch.

"You wanna see something cool?" Anthea suddenly spoke up, a hand coming up to call him to the backdoor she was headed towards. Yoongi quirked a brow but followed her nonetheless.

Anthea took him out to the little backyard before climbing on a ledge in the wall. She skilfully climbed up before disappearing over the house's roof.

"Where are you going?" Yoongi asked, debating whether he should follow her steps or not.

"Come on, you'll really like it!" Anthea smiles, eyes wide with excitement as she outstretched a hand for the man to grab.

"If I fall, you've gotta pay my bills." Yoongi joked as he grabbed her hand and heaved himself up. Once he was up, however, his jaw slacked at the view before him. He never knew the sky held so many stars before. He could see almost every single constellation from up here.

"Pretty, right?" Anthea spoke softly, lying on a convenient plateau on the roof. "I would always come here as a kid and stare at the stars."

"It's magnificent." Yoongi marvelled, eyes still looking around to take in everything.

"It was hard growing up without parents. But I always found solace in stargazing. It's peaceful."

"It really is." Yoongi agreed, following Anthea's actions and lying flat on the rooftop.

"Isn't it funny? How we just met like a few weeks ago and now we're stargazing together?" Anthea marvelled.

"Yeah. Stargazing really brings people together." Yoongi smiles back.

Silence overlooked the both of them, as they laid comfortably, watching the stars shine above them. Yoongi, for some reason, felt overwhelmed with unspoken emotions. He didn't realise what he was doing until he did it.

"I like you." He said, and completely regretted it.

"You what?" Anthea's eyes widened in surprise.

Yoongi sighed, there was no going back. "I like you, Anthea. A lot."

Anthea didn't answer. She just stared at Yoongi in disbelief. "I want to say you're joking but it doesn't look that way."

Yoongi only shrugged in response. "But I know I don't have a chance. I know you like Jimin, and I won't come in between the two of you."

"I just—I thought you should know, that's all." He competed.

And Anthea swore she felt her heart break for the second time.

-x-
TBC