-23-

"What do you fear?"

Anthea rolled her eyes, playfully hitting Hoseok on the shoulder. "Oh don't try your one dollar philosophy tricks on me."

"Oh come on! You know I can only test it out on you!" Hoseok giggled as he sat comfortably on the couch.

Anthea and Hoseok were having a chill weekend at Anthea's, with glasses upon glasses of wine and embarrassing dance moves. They both needed a break from their stressful lives, and this was one of the best ways they could relax.

"Alright, alright," Anthea laughed. "What was the question again?"

"What do you fear?" Hoseok asked once again, leaning on her shoulder as he downed another glass of wine.

"Hm, I guess it has to be failure." Anthea answered after some thought. "What about you?"

"I fear not being happy." Hoseok answered and Anthea could feel this simple sentence meant a lot more to him.

"Ok, I got another question!" Hoseok suddenly yelled slapping Anthea's arm. "What would you do if Yoongi asked you out on a date?"

"That doesn't have to be a question because it already happened." Anthea mumbled and Hoseok let out an exaggerated gasp.

"What? When? How?"

"Well not exactly ask for a date, but he did confess that he liked me." Anthea scratched the back of her neck, seeing how Hoseok's smile grew with every word she spoke.

"Then date him! What's stopping you?" He yelled.

"I don't know! I guess I'm not yet over Jimin." Anthea sighed. "I haven't gotten the closure I deserve."

"But you do like him thought right?" Hoseok asked carefully.

"Yoongi? Yeah I do—"

"Then go for it!" Hoseok yelled once again, scaring poor Theo as he ran to hide in his cat tower.

"Look Anthea, there are very few people who genuinely care for you. And apart from me, Yoongi is one of them. Plus, he's got less damage compared to Jimin!"

"So what, I should just leave Jimin?" Anthea asked.

"Honey, you're not leaving anyone because you're not with anyone! Now stop thinking about others and think about yourself for once. What do you truly want?"

Anthea leaned back on her seat, contemplating Hoseok's words.

"But does that mean I should forgive Jimin?"

"Look Anthea, people fuck up all the time. Whether they mean it or not, they all fuck up. Now it's completely up to the scenario in which they fucked up which determines whether you're gonna forgive them or not."

Anthea subconsciously compared Hoseok's analogy to what Yoongi told her about his family. Although they were a happy family, the dad was the one who—in this scenario—"fucked up".

In her case it was Jimin.

The more she thought, the clearer it was that every person had someone in their life who "fucked up". But some were forgiven, while others weren't.

Just like her parents. Anthea forgave them because she realised that their irresponsibilities didn't define them as parents or individuals. They messed up when they conceived her and dropped her off at her grandma's, but that doesn't mean they never cared for her. Thousands of gifts and souvenirs packed in her closet would prove that they indeed do love her.

But everyone loves in a unique way.

"Hobi," Anthea started, earning the attention of her drunk best friend.