CHAPTER 3: Wedding Bells

"Why do you keep feeding me?", the boy asked the little girl, taking a bite of the sandwich.

The girl stopped swinging her legs to and fro from the bench and looked at him.

"Because no one deserves to be hungry", she replied.

The boy smiled and took another bite of the sandwich.

None of them spoke as they sat in a comfortable silence and the boy ate glancing at the little girl once in a while.

A minute later, the sandwich was over and he closed the tiffin box and kept it on the bench.

The girl's attention was focused ahead on the swings and the boy just watched her carefully.

"When I will grow up", he said catching her attention and now she looked at him curiously. "I am going to marry you."

Her face grimaced. "Eww...have you seen your face?"

For a second, his face blanked on hearing her reply and then a small, sad pout formed on his lips and he angrily folded his arms. Huffing, he looked away.

Seeing his reaction, the little girl chuckled. But the boy's expressions didn't change.

So, she poked his cheeks. "Hey?"

No reply.

She again poked his cheek. "Are you angry with me?"

"I was just joking", she said. "Fine, I'll marry you."

That seemed to get a reaction from him as he finally turned his head towards her. "You will?"

She rolled her eyes. "Unfortunately, yes."

A dazzling smile formed on his face. And the little girl giggled.

"But...", she trailed off and he raised his brow.

"How can you be so sure about marrying me?", the little girl asked. "What if I am somewhere else and you are somewhere else?"

The boy smiled softly. "No matter which part of the world I am in, I will always find my way back to you."

And then the smile slowly faded away from his face; the realisation dawned upon him that it wont be long before his family and him will be leaving for Houston and he might never see her again.

He just couldn't bring himself to tell this to her. He just couldn't. At that time, he just wanted to cherish that moment with her.

"When I'll grow up", the girl said with a passion. "I am going to open a restaurant. A huge one. And people will be dying to eat my dishes."

"And I'll help you open it", he added.

"How will you help me?"

He shrugged. "Maybe, you will need some money. Then I will give you the money to help you run your restaurant."

"And in return of that, I will marry you", she said.

He stared into her eyes and whispered, "Yes, you will marry me, brownie."

Her nose scrunched and eyes narrowed. "What? Brownie?"

"Your eyes remind me of brownies, so I am calling you brownie."

"You can't call me that", she said sternly.

"It's a cute name", he argued.

"You like brownies?"

He gave a toothy grin. "I love brownies."

"Fine...you can call me that."

"Thank you, brownie", he said and she giggled.
________________________________________