CHAPTER 12: Confused

Everette's POV:

Everyone seemed to be asleep. The mansion was quiet. I walked out and went to the garden.

I kicked at the ground feeling disgusted with myself. I ran my hand down my face.

What am I doing?

She is right. In the end, I will divorce her and I literally told her: you are mine.

She might be my wife but she is not mine.

But...I feel jealous everytime I see someone flirting with her.

It's just because she is my wife. I assured myself.

Lost in my thoughts, I sat down on the grass thinking about how I am feeling like a mess right now.

Feeling tired, I layed down on the grass on my back and stared at the sky, at the full moon which was shining brightly.

A sigh escaped my lips as I put both my hands under my head.

Minutes passed by and I heard someone's footsteps. I didn't even bother to turn and look.

It stopped near my head and I looked up to see Gareth standing there with a poker face with his hands in his sweatpant's pockets.

Ignoring him, I stared at the sky again.

Without saying anything, he layed down beside me on his back and copying me, he put both his hands under his head.

"Brother", he said sarcastically. "You look upset."

"I am not in a mood to tolerate you, Gareth", I said coldly.

He looked taken aback by the coldness in my voice.

His elbow nudged mine. "What's wrong?"

"Don't know...", I whispered sadly. "I'm confused."

"Is it about Aeryn?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course. Who else?"

"Oh..."

"Gareth?"

"Yes, brother?"

"Did you find any clue about her?"

He shook his head. "No, brother."

Yet again, I felt the disappointment running through my veins but somewhere there was this voice which seemed to be celebrating. Celebrating that I still have no clue about her, that the time is getting over and soon, I'll be bound to Aeryn forever.

Gareth propped himself up by the support of his elbow and stared at me. "Brother...what happened to you? I am trying to find her... don't be disappointed."

"It's not about her."

"Then?"

"I'm confused", I reitarated.

His tone became impatient. "About what, Everette?"

"About Aeryn and this girl."

"Are you in love with Aeryn?"

"No!", I spat. "But...but..."

"But you started to feel something for Aeryn, right?"

"No...but I told her she is mine and she said it's of no use because in the end, I will be divorcing her."

His face puzzled. "I don't understand."

"You said if we find that girl within three months, I can divorce Aeryn and marry her. And if I don't then I am going to accept Aeryn as my wife whole heartedly."