CHAPTER 19: I Missed You

Aeryn's POV:

"Someone finally decided to come out of hiding."

My breath hitched.

I am not yet ready to face him.

I didn't turn around, I froze in right there even though I could imagine him leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed across his chest and a smirk on his face.

His voice alone was enough to make me feel alive. My heart thumped loudly in my chest.

"Miss me, wifey?" He teased.

Miss is not the word I would use, I was dying to see him and he couldn't even bother to call me once.

I gripped the edge of the counter trying to control my emotions.

He said playfully. "No reply? Did you lose your tongue?"

I refused to reply to him.

"Well...it seems you didn't miss me. But I did."

I sucked in a sharp breath. He missed me?

"Your constant blabbering, your feistiness, your efforts to make me jealous and your annoying voice. I missed it." The sincerity in his tone shook me to the core. "I didn't even get to kiss your forehead every night for a whole week."

"Did you really not miss me?"

He sighed. "Still no reply? What happened to the Aeryn I married?"

"You won't even ask where I was?"

"Or am I okay?"

"Or did I have dinner?"

"You won't even shout at me?"

He paused for a moment. "Did you like your new car?"

"Did you use it?"

"Come on, Aeryn", he urged playfully. "Give me a sassy or a sarcastic reply. Tell me you don't need my money."

If I open my mouth, I will cry. It's better to keep my mouth shut.

Go away! I shouted in my mind.

"I know what you are thinking. I am not going to go away unless and until you speak."

His voice turned low and he confessed. "I am dying to hear your voice, Aeryn."

My heart skipped a beat.

No.

I am angry with him.

I finally turned around, there he was leaning his back against the wall, his arms crossed across his chest just like I thought.

I was glaring at him and I moved closer. He uncrossed his arms and stood straight, his eyes following my every movement. For a second his eyes dropped down to my lips before he was staring at my face again.

I didn't stop glaring even when I stood in front of him. Close to him.

I glared at him for another few seconds before I lifted my hand and slapped him. Don't worry, it was not too hard.

His jaw clenched as he placed his palm on his cheek where I slapped him. But, there was no anger in his eyes.

He opened his mouth to speak but instead I grabbed his shirt's collar, pulling his face closer to mine and pressed my lips upon his.

My lips were pressed tightly upon his with a fear that he will push me away any moment.

But he didn't.