CHAPTER 5: Hubby

(Before starting the chapter, let us all just assume that there is no such thing named as Jet Lag. Thank you.)

Everette's POV:

I tapped her shoulder. "Aeryn?"

"Aeryn, wake up." I again tapped her shoulder and she groaned.

"You can sleep in the hotel but get up now. We don't have all day to spend in the jet."

Instead of waking up, she slapped away my hand.

It's hardly been a day since we got married and she is already getting on my nerves.

"You have left me with no choice", I muttered and then picked her up in my arms in bridal style. And she automatically snuggled into my neck.

The moment she snuggled into my neck I felt weird. A good type of weird and I lightly shook my head trying to brush it off.

With her in my arms I carefully climbed down the steps of the jet. When I glanced at her I saw that one of her eyes was open and she was peaking at me.

"You were awake all this time, huh?"

She rolled her eyes. "Obviously."

My jaw clenched. "You did this to irritate me?"

She grinned and nodded.

"Get down, immediately", I ordered.

"No", she whined.

"Get down, Aeryn or I am going to throw you on the floor." I loosened my grip on her body but she tightly wrapped her arms around my neck.

"No! Don't throw me! You have to carry me now like this."

We were already getting late so giving her one last glare I carried her to the car. The driver greeted me and opened the door and with her in my arm, I slipped in.

Once inside, she still didn't make an effort to move.

"Get off now", I said.

She shook her head. "No."

"Aeryn", I warned her. "Get off my lap."

"Not until we reach the hotel", she said.

And I groaned in frustration knowing she is not going to listen to me.

So, with her still sitting in my lap, I took out my phone and started answering a few emails while she looked out of the window as the car moved.

All of a sudden, she started poking my cheek.

"What now?", I spat.

"And don't touch me", I muttered afraid if she touches me I will feel weird again but I guess she didn't hear it.

"Stop using your phone and enjoy the scenery after all we are in Sydney."

"I have already visited Sydney before. And now don't disturb me", I told her dryly.

I focused my attention back on my phone and from the corner of my eyes saw her rolling her eyes.

I feel like strangling Gareth for making me marry her.

.
.
.

"The view from here is so beautiful!", she exclaimed looking out of the glass wall of our presidential suit.

After getting freshened up, I took out my laptop and settled down on the coffee table in the room and started working.

"Come on, Everette", she said standing in front of me. "Let's go somewhere!"