CHAPTER 14: Asshole

Aeryn's POV:

She was about to leave when she said, "Oh, and one more thing. Don't forgive him easily." And then she winked making me chuckle.

Feeling a little better, I walked back to the main crowd and by now I couldn't spot anyone familiar.

A waiter passed by me with a tray having red wine, I took a glass from him and drank it in one go.

I took another glass of red wine from another waiter. And in one corner, I spotted Everette along with Kathryn who was clinging onto his arm.

My grip tightened on the glass and in anger I gulped it down quickly.

I replaced the empty glass with another glass of red wine, my eyes shooting dagger at both of them as Kathryn seductively ran her fingers up and down his arm.

Before I knew it, I already had four glasses of wine. I should have thought about that before cause I am lightweight.

I took a step towards them and my feet wobbled. I closed my eyes and tried to prevent myself from falling.

Thinking I was okay now, I took another step towards them and my knees buckled. I was about to fall but Carmel was quick to hold my hand and prevent me from falling.

"Mama, are you okay?"

My whole attention was on them, my eyes welled up with tears. Carmel followed my gaze and looked at them.

"Oh", she whispered.

A tear fell down my cheek. "I hate him!"

"Mama, don't cry, please..."

"No woman can catch my attention other than you", I said bitterly. "That's what he told me."

I couldn't stop the tears from falling and Carmel said, "Can you walk back to your room?"

I tried walking and my knees buckled again, if not for Carmel, I would have definitely fallen down this time.

"You wait here, I will call someone."

"Anyone but him", I gritted looking at him.

"Okay...just stay here..." Saying that she ran somewhere and I stayed there, tears falling from my eyes watching them both together.

They both were talking, and Everette was laughing at something she said.

A minute passed by and I saw Gareth and Carmel running to me.

Gareth wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Let's get you to your room."

He helped me walk back to my room and Carmel walked beside us looking worried.

Once inside the room, he made me sit on the edge of the bed and I buried my face on his shoulder and burst into tears.

He slowly rubbed circles on my back trying to soothe me.

"Am I not worth him?", I cried.

"No, Aeryn", he said softly. "He is not worth you."

"He told me he doesn't like her yet he was talking with her", I sobbed.

"I feel jealous", I said. "She is so beautiful and then there is me. He would never give me that attention."

Third Person's POV:

Never in his life Gareth felt so much anger for his brother. Seeing Aeryn crying kept fueling it.

Their mother always taught them to never ever disrespect a woman. And he made her cry, that too she is his wife. Not some random woman.