CHAPTER 11: You Are Mine

Aeryn's POV:

To my utter annoyance, Everette wrapped his arm around my waist the moment we stepped out of the car in front of the mansion.

I rolled my eyes mentally remembering we need to act like real couples here.

We moved towards the mansion and Carmel and Gareth followed behind us.

As we climbed the steps, the door was opened by Mrs Wilbrose or I should say mother and there were a few more people whom I didn't recognise.

"Oh, Aeryn!", mother exclaimed on seeing me. "I knew you would come."

As if you gave me another option.

It's not that I hate her but sometimes she sounds very scary.

I smiled and she engulfed me in a tight hug and pulling back she kissed my cheek.

Next she hugged Carmel and kissed her cheek too.

Mr Wilbrose, who actually doesn't speak much, came forward and greeted us.

Though I am not very familiar with all them but they all feel like family.

Next, I was introduced to Everette's uncle and aunt and their children, Elora and Zack.

Elora was beautiful. Red hair, green eyes, an innocent looking face. She looked perfect.

She gave me a friendly smile and side hugged me, saying thank you for coming here.

And then there was Zack, who looked like a younger version of Everette except the beard he had a clean shaved face (unfortunately, not as handsome as Everette) but completely like Gareth in his attitude.

He took my hand and kissed my knuckles and winked at me.
Everette pulled me even more closer and his grip tightened around my waist.

Since I decided to ignore him all day, I didn't say anything.

"Eve", Zack said while staring at me. "Your wife is really beautiful. She looks more beautiful in person than in pictures."

I felt a blush creeping up my neck, not because of his words but because of the intensity with which he stared at me.

"Okay, everyone!", Everette's aunt spoke. "Everyone get freshened up quickly then we all can have dinner together. Zack, show them their rooms."

"Let's go", Zack said.

We all followed him upstairs to a long corridor with rooms on each side of it.

These guys are freaking rich!

Zack opened one of the rooms and gestured to us. "This is your room."

I wanted to argue, I don't want to share a room with this jerk but I gave Zack a fake, tight smile instead.