CHAPTER 6: Business Meeting

Aeryn's POV:

"Aeryn."

"Aeryn."

"Aeryn", the voice said a bit louder this time.

Why does everyone has to ruin my beauty sleep?

I slowly opened my eyes and came face to face with Everette who was glaring at me, his face showed signs of displeasure.

"I just woke up. What did I do now?", I questioned.

His lips were pressed into a thin line and gestured down to his hand. I looked down and saw I was holding onto his hand tightly as if my life was dependent on it.

A blush crept up my neck and I immediately removed my hand feeling embarrassed.

Rolling his eyes, he got up and went inside the washroom.

What a start to the morning!

Yawning, I got up and firstly messaged Harper inquiring about the restaurant as I left it in her care.

I spent the next fifteen minutes scrolling through the phone. The door of the washroom opened and Everette stepped out dressed in a black suit.

"Are you going somewhere?"

He was standing infront of the mirror combing his hair, he glanced at me through the mirror. "Yes. Business meeting."

"Oh. Good. Enjoy there", I said sarcastically.

One side of his lips curled up into a smirk. "You are coming with me."

"What?!"

"You are coming with me to the meeting. I am not leaving you here. God knows what you will do."

I got and placed both my hands on my hip. "I am not a kid. I can take care of myself. I am not going to some boring meeting with you."

He put down the comb and came closer to me. His cologne invaded my mind. Mmm... that's a nice cologne.

"Get ready, Aeryn. We will get late. I won't repeat myself."

"I am not going with you. And even I won't repeat myself."

He turned away from me and muttered, "Fine. Don't come with me. I was thinking of exploring a few places after the meeting with you."

"Give me twenty minutes", I mumbled walking past him and into the washroom.

.
.
.

I opened my hair letting it fall over my shoulder and checked myself in the mirror.

Grabbing my handbag I went out in the living room where he was waiting for me. He looked up from his phone and scanned me for a second before subtly nodding and asked me to follow him.