CHAPTER 13: Jealousy

Aeryn's POV:

An annoying femenine voice reached our ear. "Eve!"

Everyone turned to the dining room's entrance, there stood a tall, blonde hair woman. Long legs, perfect figure, she looked like a model wearing a tight champagne colour dress that hugged her figure like second skin reaching till her thigh.

She had a wide smile plastered on her face and her attention only on Everette.

"Oh, Everette", she dramatically while walking towards him. "I missed you! It has been such a long time since we met."

I watched with wide eyes as she wrapped her arms around Everette's neck hugging him tightly.

And then she kissed his cheek.

My lips pressed into a thin line.

Who the fuck she is?!

How dare she kissed him while I, his wife is sitting right beside him.

Everyone was looking at them and to be honest they both looked good together, like they are made for each other.

My heart clenched. I felt self-conscious.

When she pulled away, she still had her hand on his shoulder in an intimate manner.

"I'll see you after the breakfast", she said in a saccharine tone and then...she pecked his lips before walking away from the dining room.

Everette's body froze. My jaw dropped so did everyone else's.

Everette had a poker face on, Gareth and Zack looked at me worriedly.

It doesn't effect me. It doesn't effect me. I kept chanting in my mind. I closed my eyes taking deep breaths to calm myself.

Hell it effects me!

I dropped the fork and the knife on my plate and pushing back the chair, I got up.

Before anyone could stop me, I was walking back to our room.

Tears welled up in my eyes. She kissed him. He never kissed my lips but she, whoever the fuck she was, kissed his lips and he said nothing.

It's not I am dying to kiss him but...I am his wife. She can't do that.

Instead of going to our room, I went inside Carmel's and sat down on the edge of the bed.

I wiped away the tears with the back of my palm. I won't cry for that jerk.

Minutes later, there was a knock on the door.

"Go away, jerk!", I shouted.

The door opened slowly. "Mama?"

My tone softened. "Carmel?"

She came inside, a gloomy look on her face and she sat beside me.

She scrutinized my face. "You were crying?"

"No, Carmel. I would never cry for that jerk."

"It's not his mistake, mama", she defended him.

"Seriously? You now love him more than me?"

"I love you both equally but it's that girl's mistake. She kissed him. Eww."

I slowly nodded. "Yeah...eww..."

She chuckled making me chuckle too.

"How can she kiss him?!", I muttered to myself angrily.

"You are jealous", Carmel remarked.