CHAPTER 20: Brownie

Everette's POV:

I again rolled on top of me. "Now, the main thing."

"What?"

I bit my lip. "Will you do me the honour of going on a date with me?"

Please say yes, please say yes.

Her brows knitted together. "Date?"

"Yeah, date...where you go out and eat and--"

"I know what a date is", she interrupted.

She seemed to be ruminating. "With you?"

I pressed my lips in a thin line. "No. With Zack."

She smirked. "Really? That's awesome! I would love to go on a date with him. He is so cute and--"

"Aeryn", I warned.

Her eyes twinkled with amusement and she chuckled. "Feeling jealous?"

I ignored her question. "Will you go out on a date with me? Everette Wilbrose, your husband?"

"I will have to think about it", she said playfully.

I groaned. "Fine." And I got off her.

I walked up the stairs to my bathroom when she shouted. "Oh my goodness! The bathroom walls are made of glass! That's ridiculous."

I winked at her over my shoulder. "Enjoy the show, wifey."

In a second, her whole face turned red making me laugh while I went inside the bathroom.

From the bathroom I watched her scramble off the room without daring to look up.

After taking a bath, I went down to the kitchen where Aeryn was making breakfast. Carmel already went to school.

I hopped on the counter where I sat and watched her cook effortlessly.

"What would you like to have for breakfast? There are croissant, omelette, bacon..."

"And you?"

"Sorry?"

"Are you not on the menu?" I flirted.

Her face paled when she realised what I meant. She started coughing and I laughed loudly.

"That's sad...you are not on the menu", I drawled.

She stuttered. "Sh-shut up!"

"You are blushing so hard", I pointed out and she blushed harder. "Stop it, Eve."

I hopped down the counter and kissed her cheek. "You look cute when you blush."

"Okay...now...now go away!"

"You still didn't answer my question."

"Which question?"

"For the hundreth time, Aeryn", I groaned. "Will you go on a date with me?"

"Hmm...since you are dying to have a date with me. I will go." She gave me a toothy grin. Pecking her lips I left the kitchen.

.
.
.

"My first date in the thirty years of my life, Gareth and you ruined it!" I shouted at him through the call.

"I ruined it?!"

"Who else? I simply asked you to just book that garden and you couldn't even do that!", I accused.

"It's not my mistake that it got booked by someone else."