4

I'm speedrunning this chapter

----------

We finally arrive at my workplace after about a good fifteen minutes. Clay parks the car in the parking lot.

"Thanks for the ride" I thank him.

"What would you do without me?" he asks ironically.

I think about what I would do without him, and then I suddenly think about the time I lost my pet rabbit and he found it underneath a bush because he saw it eat it a few days ago.

I think about the time I accidentally broke my mother's vase and Clay covered for me.

And about the time I got lost from my parents in an amusement park with Clay and he assured me that everything would be okay and he magically found my parents.

And also that time where I liked a boy and I confessed to him but he didn't like me back, Clay calmed me down and told me he wasn't worth it and I eventually got over him with the help of Clay.

Then finally the time my grandmother died and I got depressed but Clay got me through it.

I've never thought about the things he did for me until now and how kindhearted he is.

"Earth to y/n." I snap out of it.

"Huh, what?" I ask him.

"You zoned out." he looks at his watch, it's 7:53 am now. "You're gonna be late if you continue like this."

"I better get going then" I open the door and get out of the seat, I stretch. "Bye Clay, I'll see you later." I begin to close the door.

"Wait" he blocks the door from closing.

"What? I need to get going" I look at the entrance of the building.

"Can I visit you later today?" he asks.

"Sure, you can come over around 4 pm, but my sister is gonna be there." I stare into his emerald green eyes.

"That's fine and I'll bring a new fridge with me too" he assures me.

"Yea, you owe me a fridge y'know" I keep staring into his eyes, they're so mesmerizing for some reason.

"I'll contact the local waste management division (I have no idea where to get rid of a fridge, I searched on google) for you," he says.

"Thanks, but I need to get going now, my boss isn't gonna be happy if I'm late. Bye" I rush to the entrance and I hear a 'goodbye' behind me.

Why have I never noticed how sweet Clay is?

----------

I unlock the front door.

I see my sister and Clay chatting on the couch.

"Y'know y/n had a fish right?" my sister asks Clay.

"Yes, why?" he looks at my sister with a curious look.

I swear to god if she tells the story about my fish-

"She gave it rabbit poop and it died" she grins.

She did not just do that.

"REALLY?!" Clay wheezes.

"THAT'S NOT TRUE" I throw my bag on the ground and kick my shoes off. I then run over to the couch and I jump on both of them with my feet landing on my sister's face and most of my upper body on Clay.

"WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN EATING?" he asks because I lie mostly on him so he also takes most of the weight.

"That is none of your fucking business" I stare intensely into his eyes.