7

"Shit" I hop onto the bus, I walk over to an empty seat and I sit there. Clay already left my house, right? I find my phone in my bag after a while. I open the calling app and I click on Audrey's contact. She picks up after I call her three times.

"Hello?" I hear something that sounds like she's cooking.

"Have Clay left yet?" The bus stops and a lot of people storm in.

"I think he's in the guest room talking to some of his friends about avocado on chicken nuggets"

"What did you just say?" I say skeptically.

"I know you heard me" she says far away.

"Maybe, but did Clay really stay up all night, talking with his friends?" an old woman walks towards me, "Hello ma'am, do you want my seat?" I stand up and walk a few steps away.

"No it's fine, my body is still good as new" she almost falls, but I catch her last second.

"I insist, and you did just fall" I help her to sit on the seat.

"Thank you, young lady, you remind me of my grandson"

"Grandson?" I ask.

"His name is Randall (idk what to put, so I put corpse. lemme just add him to the tags)" she smiles at me "do you want his number?"

"uh, sure" I could become friends with him?

"Let me just find my good old cellphone" she rummages through her handbag, she finds it and she goes to the contacts app and she clicks on 'Randall'.

"His number is" I realize I'm still on a call with Audrey and I hang up. I go to the contacts app and click the little plus button. "six one nine, that's the area code, two one three two nine six five, there you go" I type all the numbers in and I add the contact.

"Where does he live?" I ask.

"San Diego"

"I'll text him later, I need to go to work first" the next stop is my stop. "Sorry ma'am, but it's almost my stop"

"No worries, dear, you've been very kind to me and call me Elise"

"Well, I hope we meet again sometime" We're almost at my stop. "I need to leave now" I squeeze my way through the crowd of people, I make it to the door just in time. "That was close," the door closes behind me "way too close"

It's very crowded outside, the bus stop is surrounded by tall buildings, with an opening on each side of the four walls of buildings. There is also a shopping mall on one of the walls.

I walk over to the east wall and I head through the opening.

--------

Maybe I should text that number that old lady gave me, It's my lunch break and I'm eating a sandwich. Yeah, I can text him, it's not like I have anything to do. I pull my phone out of my pocket, and I find, what was his name again? Randall I think, I find his contact and I send a simple text.

⚠️the texting parts are inspired by @/ihaveajuicebox :)⚠️

Randall

Hi

Now we just gotta wait.

He replies and we text until my lunch break is over.

Randall

Hi

who tf are you?

did my grandma give my number to someone random AGAIN?

you tell me

she did