We are the dust of dust, we are the apple of God's eye

Chapter Five

"Wakey wakey! We've got to hit the road before the roads turn to bullshit."

Katsuki rolled over, wrapping his arms tighter around Kirishima's frame, pulling his closer. He buried his face in his hair, trying to block out the sun that shouldn't be coming into their room. A shake of his head. He rarely got to sleep in, and just once, he'd like to sleep a little longer.

The weight of the mattress shifted. Sank in somewhere near their feet and一

.

.

.

一HE JUMPED! He. Fucking. Jumped.

"What the fuck Kaminari?!" Katsuki yelled一really yelled一and threw the pillow that had once been under his head right at Kaminari's stupid fucking face.

"'S not my fault you two stayed up banging all night. But we've gotta get on the road if we wanna get there before tonight," Kaminari defended, dropping the pillow. He turned around and glared at Mina standing in the doorway. "You ass hat. You said he wouldn't be a jackass about it."

"And you believed me! Whose fault is that?" She snickered. "We can get coffee before we hit the road.

Kirishima sat up, hair wild and over the place, eyes heavy. "Too early for yelling..." he mumbled.

Katsuki's heart melted right there. It exploded and dripped down each one of his ribs, creating a mushy pool at the bottom that would repeat the process all over again once it reformed into its proper shape. Sighing, he pulled Kirishima closer to him and guided his head onto his shoulder. He smelled good. Sweet and warm and perfect. He planted a kiss on the side of his head.

"We've gotta load their car up and get going, okay?" Katsuki whispered. Gentle. Kind.

"Gross. You're disgusting man." Kaminari fake gagged and jumped down from the bed with a thud.

"Get the fuck out before I castrate you. Jiro will have to peg you." Who was he kidding? Jiro probably does peg him, lets be real. It's Kaminari. He'd do anything to make her happy, even if it meant stepping out of his comfort zone. He probably liked it, too.

Good for him.

"I'm going, I'm going," he said, sticking his hands up and shutting the door as he walked out. Through the door he said, "Ten minutes. Then we need to go."

Kirishima glanced up, smiling that sleepy smile at Katsuki. "G'morning."

"Morning. How're you feeling?"

"In what sense?"

"About today."

A pause. A hitch of his breath. "Scared... what if she's not doing well?"

"Lets not think about the way things could go wrong." Katsuki pulled away and got out of bed. They really need to get dressed and on the road or else the whole day will be fucked.

"How're you feeling?" Kirishima returned. "I mean... you haven't been there in ten years."

"Fine." Katsuki shrugged. "The place is still a shit hole. No offence. I know that's your home and shit, but I still hate it there."

"Understandable." Kirishima rolled out of bed, felt around for the closet. "I'm also a little excited一"

"Don't get all sappy on me."

"一We met there after all. And we danced there together."

"We dance here together. Kiri... I know in terms of us it's important, but I can't bring myself to like it."