The lovers that went wrong

•Chapter Nine•

His bones were sludge.

Heavy sludge weighing him down as he walked through the halls, making his way towards his locker that seemed thousands of miles away. Thankfully, the end of the day was in sight and his grades would be updated within the coming minutes if the teachers were on top of their shit. After a long week of studying, cramming every bit of information he could into his brain and making corrections on past assignments he failed, he would find out if his hard, as well as Katsuki's, work would pay off.

Kirishima leaned on his locker and shut his eyes. The cool metal on his skin soothed him; it wasn't long before his body heat destroyed the cold and the relaxing sensation that has taken over that part of his face. His teacher had been working his ass as well and because his most recent assignments were mostly right, only a few questions and problem being wrong, the expectations his teacher had for him were starting rise.

"Dude!" someone yelled and immediately after the voice registered in his head, a hand was on his shoulder. He jumped at the sudden, unexpected touch. "Sorry dude."

"It's okay Kaminari," he said and opened his eyes. The fake unnatural light blinded him and the shadows of the other students walking down the hall surrounded him.

"Have you checked your grades up? Ours were updated," a female voice not belonging to Mina said. He had to think, to put a name to the voice suddenly speaking to him. Aside from Mina, the only other girl in their group of friends was Jiro, so it had to be her.

He shook his head and wasted no time in digging around in the pocket of his sweater, pulling out his phone. The presence of his friends could be felt as they lurked over his shoulders, watching as he typed in the password and username to the school's website. His fingers glided over the screen, the device reading the grades of all his most recent assignments to him; an assortment of As and Bs, less Cs and Ds than normal. His fingers stopped at the bottom of the page, the phone reading out that his average grade was a solid B.

Mina grabbed his shoulders and shook him, hooting and hollering because he would be going with them. Someone had walked by, a familiar harsh tone asking why the fuck they were being so loud and all of them, excluding Jiro, had to yell that Kirishima would be going to the concert with them. A click of his tongue was his only response before he continued down the hallway.

"Keep it down or all of you will have detention this weekend," a teacher who had been passing by spat, her eyes narrowed as a warning.

They all zipped their lips and waited for her to be completely out of sight before they threw their arms up into the air out of excitement, whispers of something that were supposed to be cheers leaving their lips.

"We'll be at your place early tomorrow, okay?" Kaminari said and then quickly said his goodbyes before Kirishima could give an answer. It didn't matter though. The smile spread across his face created a burning sensation in his cheeks that he didn't really mind and no matter how hard he tried to contain it, he failed. Miserably.

When Kaminari pulled up in his mom's van the next morning, Kirishima stood on the porch near the door with both his moms hovering over him. One placed a wad of cash in his hand, telling him it's for food and their hotel room and then she pulled him into a tight hug, holding him there for several longs seconds seeming to drag out for eons. The other simply smiled and gave him a short hug thousands of years shorter than the other's before he departed down the stairs and to the car with Riot.