Setting fire to our insides for fun

Chapter Seven•

They sat on the cold floor of the practice room, the room still and hushed, eyes locked onto one another. It was Friday and since the beginning of practice very little was passed between them, if anything at all, and the reason as to why wasn't overt.

Kirishima shifted in the silence that gave him the unsteady feeling of discomfort. He felt exposed, naked almost, despite being clothed in a long-sleeved shirt and a pair of sweats, and was sure the blonde across from him was eyeing him. Every single inch of him. Like he was searching for something, answers perhaps. Or he could have been staring for the sake of staring. That didn't seem like him, not that Kirishima knew the guy enough to make any assumptions like that but from what little time they've spent together, the blonde came off as pretty damn straightforward and said, or asked, whatever was on his mind.

He was staring, searching, and although Kirishima couldn't see it, he could feel it.

That day he had remembered his sunglasses, meaning he wouldn't have to prance around with his eyes shut like an idiot, not that a guy dancing around with sunglasses on whilst inside was much better but it was a more appealing alternative to spending the day with his eyes shut. One can only keep their eyes shut for so long before the urge to open them becomes strong. He felt pretty damn sick in them, anyway. They were shaped like aviators with a thin, black rim and instead of the tint being black like most sunglasses, it was a dark red. Almost like Tony Starks. Attached to the arms was a slim, rope-like material that kept them from flying across the room when he danced.

Growing tired of their lack of progress, Kirishima grew the balls needed to break the silence. "Bro, we aren't going to get anywhere if we sit here with our thumbs up our asses," he said, pushing the sunglasses up onto his spiky head of hair. A feeling of relief filled him with that sentence out in the air.

"You think I don't fucking know that, asshole?" Katsuki shot back, aggression revealing itself in his tone. The blonde pinched the bridge of his nose and heaved a sigh. "I don't know how to go about this."

"I already told you-"

"I know that. I was there, remember? Telling me how to do it and doing it are different things. Who normally teaches you?" he asked. The aggression had been replaced with something like annoyance.

"My instructor. And when she's not here, she has tapes recorded for me so I can at least get some progress. When she's here, she'll tell me what to do in a lot of detail and then once I get the gist of the moves down, we put it into a routine that I use muscle memory to remember. If I mess up, she'll correct it for me by moving my body," the redhead explained as best he could. To him, it didn't come off as all that complicated, but that's most likely due to the fact that he had been doing it for as long as he could recall.  

Once again the silence was back after Kirishima finished speaking; Katsuki was most likely thinking. Maybe. Kirishima wasn't too sure but the sudden silence filled only with the ringing sounds being emitted by the artificial fluorescent lighting that could only be heard if you focused in on it enough lead him to believe so. He didn't know what to do with himself in the silence. Humming that one song he had stuck in his head would annoy Katsuki, or he felt like he would, and the rustling sound of his clothes would make it more awkward than it needed to be.

He kind of wished Mina or Kaminari were there with him, just to occupy his mind during those long periods of silence that bothered him. Mina was there, but she was in the lobby area of the place doing her job or she was fucking around on her phone. Kaminari, knowing him, was without a doubt trying to charm Jirou into falling in love with him. Everyone knew she already was into the guy but he was so dense that he was completely blind to it.