Pulling at the seams, our once barren world now brims with life

Chapter Two

When did they start drinking? Did they have bloody maries that morning with their scrambled eggs? Or did they hold off on the drinking until the early afternoon? There was no way they began once they reached the first bar; Kirishima was certain they were already trashed when they reached the first bar atop their very long list of bars they planned on going to that evening.

Kirishima wasn't much of a drinker. The taste of alcohol was always too much from him, but an occasion such as this was enough for him to put his dislikes aside and bear with the burn of the drinks as they ran down his throat.

It was Kaminari's bachelor party. He was hell bent on getting as trashed as possible. "I have to. It's my last night as a free man, dude, it's like law." No one argued with him. Quiet glances were shared and stolen, lips turned up to create small smirks, eyebrows raised, but no one told him they were against it. No questions were asked.

So they dressed up in their cocktail attire: nice button downs with pants to compliment, some had neckties, others had neckties. Kirishima had bought a bowtie that matched his own necktie for Riot, but it wasn't put to use. He'd decided bars crowded to the brim with drunk people wasn't the best place for a dog. Riot wouldn't be able to do his job properly. For the first time in a long time, Kirishima used his cane instead.

How many bars had they been to? Three? Four? It could've been closer to six the more Kirishima thought about it.

Sero was holding Kaminari up as they walked down the brightly lit city streets. Both of their faces were flushed a red almost as bright as Kirishima' s hair and he could hear the smiles pulling at their lips, laughs escaping into the air. Their words were slurred and nonsensical. Someone had made mentions of going out to eat. They left the bars behind and traveled further into the heart of the city, looking for a nice restaurant that would take them without need for a reservation.

Katsuki was also a little tipsy, learning most of his weight Kirishima as he did his best to guide him along the dark streets. He could hardly see. The streetlights did little to brighten the world around them, did little to show Kirishima the streets they were walking down. Though Katsuki was drunk himself, he made it a priority to carefully lead Kirishima around.

Kaminari stumbled over a small rock and toppled over, bringing Sero down with him.

Seven bars Kirishima had decided.

They crashed the first restaurant they could find that would allow their drunk asses in so late at night without a reservation. The group was taken to a table in the back, the furthest one away from the rest of the restaurant. Kirishima' s eyes danced around the room, going from light to light, following the shadows and blurred colors and outlines of the other customers.

Everyone ordered when the waiter came around the next time. How she understood their slurred words was beyond Kirishima, but she wrote everything down, smiled, and said their meals would be out shortly.

The last time they were in a restaurant as fancy as this together, Kaminari and suckered them into splitting without paying. The other difference was Mina and Jiro weren't there whereas Sero was. It felt like he betrayed the girls in some way, to be reliving a memory as precious as that without them. Katsuki was so mad when they went back to school the next day. He chased them, hurled insult after insult until he managed to catch up to Kirishima. He could still remember the piercing cold on his back as he was tackled into the plush snow. The way his back stayed wet almost the entire day afterwards. It sobered him up the more he thought about it.

"Hey, do you remember that time we dined and dashed?" Kirishima asked shortly after the waiter delivered their meals. Everyone began to dig it the moment the plates were set in front of them. Not much has changed since then. They were all still pigs.