Collecting names of the lovers that went wrong

•Chapter Eight•

It would be an understatement to say the two boys were working hard to Kirishima's grades up. During their dance practices, they'd study and do homework when they should be relaxing. They'd dance for an hour, study for thirty minutes, and then repeat. Three hours had passed since they started practising that Tuesday afternoon and Kirishima felt like he was going to die from exhaustion. The blonde was in a constant loop of work, work, work, and Kirishima wasn't sure how much more of it he could take before his body would decide to stop working on him.

There were no breaks in between studying and practice like there should have been so they wouldn't wear their bodies out, but Katsuki was an overachiever and the kind of guy to go until his body physically wouldn't allow him to anymore. How the guy was still alive was a question science had yet to answer.

It was Tuesday, giving them three days or so to get his grades at least to a passing grade. At that point, Katsuki wasn't determined to make sure the idiot had As all across the board. He just needed the guy to pass so he wouldn't end up getting stuck with the other idiots by himself. That would be a nightmare.

"I can't do this anymore," Kirishima said, breathless as he fell onto the floor. The cold of the floor felt relaxing on his flushed, sweat-covered body. He could fall asleep right there and not care about how uncomfortable the hard floor was.

For a moment, the redhead was expecting Katsuki to yell at him to get up and maybe pull him up too, but he was meet with a pleasant surprise when he opened his eyes and found that Katsuki was sitting on the floor as well, his chest rising and falling at a rapid, nearly dangerous, pace. Turned out the asshole could get tired as well, or he realized that Kirishima would have died if he were to keep pushing his body past its limit.

He embraced the cold on the floor, stretched his arms high above his head, a groan leaving his voice as the stretch turned into a whole body stretch that felt like heaven. His body relaxed against the floor again and let his eyelids flutter shut, his chest finally falling into a steady rhythm of rising and falling.

A feeling of gratefulness filled him after he went over the recent events in his head. He was certain Katsuki had been working himself to the bone to not only help Kirishima achieve the level of perfection needed for them to win the dance but to also succeed in his studies as well. Granted, the blonde wasn't doing either of those things out of the kindness of his heart but he was still doing it nonetheless.

"Hey Katsuki," Kirishima said, tilting his head back against the floor to look in Katsuki's direction. The blond didn't answer and Kirishima wasn't going to wait around in the silence for an answer that wouldn't come so he continued to speak. "Can you describe the colour red?"

Katsuki cocked a brow. "Why?"

He gave a shrug. "Why not?"

Silence. So much suffocating silence that Kirishima was starting to get annoyed with. But then the silence was broken, Katsuki's rough voice filling it. "Mhm... I don't fucking know, Shitty Hair... I guess you could say it's the colour of everything. Warmth, anger, passion, love. Red, it pops out at you. We make things red, fire engines and chips bags, because we want people to notice them."

Kirishima was beaming, beaming because he wasn't expecting Mr. Grumpy to actually do it. And what surprised him more was how he kept going. He went on and on and he soaked up every second of it. Katsuki could be a storyteller too, an even better one that Mina at that and that said a lot.

Red is love. Its the feeling you get when you hold hands with someone and the sparks fly and the world seems to stop moving but you feel so red because of the flood of emotions that had hit you like an ocean wave. Loving is red when one day feels like a lifetime, and a lifetime feels like just one day.