And if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones

•Chapter Five•

NA: There's a song up there you guys should listen to while you read (preferably about halfway through the chapter).

Oh no, I'm screwed, Kirishima thought as he rushed towards the dance studio, Riot pulling him forward with a little more force than usual because he, too, knew just how screwed his owner was. He searched for the door handle, his free-hand trialling along the glass door until he found it and instead of pulling he pushed which made him look and feel like a complete idiot and delayed him by a few precious seconds.

He made it to the practice room, nearly ten minutes late because of his fuck ups outside and because he might've fallen asleep after he got home from school. Oops. It was a long day. Well, every day was long for him and he needed a power nap before he had to go sweat his ass off for several hours. Doing everything without sight was draining because the world was made for people who could see and in order to accomplish the same things they did, like going to school, he had to work extra hard.

Kirishima breathed a sigh of relief when he could only hear the white noise in the room. No one was there. Phew.

"Fucking finally." He spoke too soon. "You're late. Fucking ten minutes late, Shitty Hair. If you're late again I'll fucking cut off all your limbs." Katsuki's voice was raised as he spoke, though it wasn't loud enough to be considered yelling. The annoyance was clear as day.

Kirishima didn't respond with words but gave a simple nod of his head as a substitute. Riot had broken free from his grasp and trotted away, most likely to one of the back offices to find Mina, leaving an annoyed Katsuki and embarrassed Kirishima alone. Thanks a lot, dude.

They stood in front of each other with several feet between them, doing stretches to warm and loosen up their bodies for the hours of practice ahead of them. Kirishima closed his eyes because the artificial lights mixed in with the mirrors, causing the light to reflect, was too much for their sensitivity. When by himself he normally had them dimmed but the problem was that he wasn't alone and he was sure that Katsuki would have a problem with dimming the lights even a little bit because of how on edge he was.

The one day he didn't feel like wearing his sunglasses... great.

"So... how's this going to work?" Katsuki's voice broke the silence, echoing throughout the room.

"How's what going to work?" Kirishima asked. He moved to the floor, straightening his leg before reaching out to let his fingers reach over his toes to touch the bottom of his feet. His mid back popped, a grunt leaving his lips.

"Are you dumb?" Katsuki clicked his tongue. "The dancing shit. How are you going to learn the choreo?" he asked in a harsh tone. Too harsh.

"Oh, um," Kirishima sat up fully, crossing his legs as he rubbed the back of his head. "My instructor normally moves my body and adjusts it or she describes it to me in detail. Sometimes a mix of both," he explained. His eyes moved around the room until he found Katsuki's blurred shadow. "Do you already have the choreo worked out?"

A heavy grunt of... disapproval? What the actual fuck? " Most of it yeah. Well, hurry up with your stretches so we can start, Shitty Hair. We're going to need every last second we can snag.

He nodded in agreement and stood. At first, he thought he was going to feel Katsuki's hands on his body, moving it to perform the moves since that would the easiest way for both of them. Kirishima would remember the way his body was moved and placed, simple and less work, but it appeared that Katsuki wanted to do it the hard way. With his voice.