'Cause most of our feelings, they are dead and they are gone

Chapter Fifteen•

Saturday morning Kirishima received a text; one he been waiting for to his own dismay. Kaminari was right when he said Katsuki didn't back down, not that Kirishima didn't know that but it had been a few days since Katsuki's last attempt to try to get back on his good side. Hope had been lost up until that very moment.

He had been sitting in the living room with his parent's, listening to them babble about their week when his phone went off. He thought nothing of it, assuming it had just been Kaminari or Mina or both. As he drug his finger over the name of the sender, he nearly dropped his phone. The looks from his moms burned holes into him, he could feel it, so to avoid them hearing whatever Katsuki had sent he booked it up to his room and collapsed onto his bed where he hid under the covers like a child hiding from whatever they thought was living in their closet.

His finger ran over the letters over and over in an attempt to help his mind process the words. Katsuki's text wasn't much of a question nor was it some grand paragraph to try to win back Kirishima's friendship. It was simple. It was so Katsuki and left Kirishima with mixed feelings. Something between joy, butterflies flying around the empty space in his stomach and confusion, the paranoia of whatever Katsuki had planned ending up the complete opposite of what he hoped for.

From: Katsuki
Be ready at noon. Don't ask questions.
Received at 10:13 AM

He almost had half a mind to tell Katsuki no, that he wouldn't be going anywhere with him. But the thought alone was enough to chip away at his heart. It would be false for him to say he didn't miss Katsuki's yelling, vulgar language, and his company all around. The blonde was almost a breath of fresh air when compared to his family and the routines he'd fallen into over the years. Every day was a little different with him, like a mini adventure he couldn't see the end of.

His fingers typed something, then deleted it, and then typed something different. So many thoughts came to mind and he didn't know which he should focus on if he even wanted to focus on any. As a last resort, he left Katsuki's messages and went over to the group chat with Mina and Kaminari. His fingers moved again, typing words that looked like a jumble of incoherent letters put together by a child. But they were actual words, they were, yet they somehow looked alien.

And then he was back in Katsuki's messages. Kirishima tapped the screen, his phone reading wherever his fingers touched. He blinked rapidly, eyes turned upwards towards the ceiling as his fingers began to dance across the keyboard.

To: Katsuki
okay...
Sent at 10:24 AM

Kaminari came over just as Kirishima was finished with making himself as presentable as possible and walked him down to the bus station. They babbled to one another, ranted about life, the school work creeping up on them that no one was excited for, the competition. When asked if he was still going to compete, Kirishima couldn't give a straight answer. He'd love to but with the way things with Katsuki were he was at a loss.

Right at noon, just as the bus pulled up, Katsuki showed up, dressed in layers; a heavy orange and black coat, a sweater, and a long-sleeved shirt. He wore black jeans, one of the only pairs that lacked any sort of hole in the knee, and his snow boots. Thick black gloves covered in hands and he held what looked like a picnic basket. Kaminari wished this to Kirishima and suddenly he felt underdressed in his simple red coat and even simpler boots.

"I've got it from here," Katsuki said, his voice just the same as always, and grabbed onto Kirishima's elbow with a soft grip, lead him away from Kaminari and onto the bus.