Chapter 11 | Troubled Mind

Almost back on track !

Here is Chapter Eleven - I hope you enjoy it :)

Please remember to vote if you are enjoying the series, and a massive thank-you to everyone who has shown support so far! I'm really appreciating your feedback/ questions in the comments as it helps me to figure out where I have left holes!

I've had a few of the same questions which I have tried to answer in the comments, but will answer here as well ^_^

1. Is there going to be a love triangle?
A. No! This is not going to be like APK with the love triangle thing, (god I regret my choices - sorry Cobalt ), yes there is one main relationship for Iris but it is SLOWBURN and I will not be telling you who it is :0

2. What do they lycans look like?
A. So I do like to leave these things open to reader imagination a wee bit, so I won't post any photos (partially because I can't find any that do them justice), but basically, the Lycan form is similar to a wolf - but larger, and more slender. They also have shorter fur that comes in various shades of silver (this will be explained in later chapters). Hopefully, there will be more opportunities for you guys to become familiar with their lycan forms soon!
Shifters remain with the classic wolf image, for anyone wondering!

3. Where does this novel overlap with the APK timeline?
A. I hope that (for readers of APK) I made this a little more clear to you in this Chapter, although it will become increasingly clearer as the story progresses. Basically - where Darius is off to now - he will overlap with the meeting that he had with Zalas and Obsidian before they went to fight Zeus.
For non-APK readers, you don't need to worry about overlaps, and just enjoy the story! <3

Any other questions, feel free to attach them to this paragraph and I will answer them for you, as long as they don't spoil the story!

Much love,
Daisy xx

______________________

Chapter 11 | Troubled Mind

*

'How can it be
that my
m e m o r i e s
are more alive
than I am?'

- dj

*

That night, for the first time since she had arrived at the palace, the red world of Iris's nightmares engulfed her while she was sleeping.

The crimson color was absolute, and when Iris looked up in horror to meet the eyes of her reflection, her mirror image smiled with sinister intent and at the same time, they both looked down at the broken corpse of the shifter, crumpled at Iris's feet.

Behind her, a dark shadow loomed, his presence all encompassing and unmistakable. Slowly he leant over to whisper to her, his breath hitting the top of Iris's ear and making her shiver. "It's your fault," he murmured, "it's all your fault."

Iris opened her mouth to scream, even as her mirror image tipped her head back in mirth, a wild laugh pouring forth from her bloodstained throat.

*

Arlo was the one who rescued her. It was always Arlo.

Her screams woke him, even from the other end of the palace – the familiar sound of her fear chilling him to the bone. He was surprised, when it came down to it, how easy it was for him to break through his brother's command in that moment, the order that had kept him away from her crumbling to dust within the second.