Chapter 54 | New Alliance

FINAL CHAPTER

-

Here we are team, the end.

I like to think that it's an end you all saw coming, so I don't anyone complaining about cliff hangers! Looking forward to your thoughts, comments, and theories hahahaha

I am including an Authors Note which I will post now as well - and it includes the title and cover for the next book in the series, because (yup you guessed it,) Iris's story is far from over.

If you don't make it to the AN, I just want to thank you quickly for choosing to read this story. As always, I have been so blessed to have all of you join me on my writing journey.

Love and hugs,
Daisy xx

P.S. Don't worry, Iris is in this one - getting the heavy stuff out of the way first x

______________________________

Chapter 54 | New Alliance

*

'No one
wearing a crown
comes
in the name of
p e a c e.'

- queens show no mercy [J.M] (via eliiasverturius)

*

DARIUS

Darius Greyson sloughed through the battlefield with Vandor at his side, leaving piles of shifter corpses in their wake.

They speed with which they advanced meant that any attempt to stop them proved fruitless, but it was too soon to be optimistic. It was clear from the state of the battlefield, which only grew bloodier as they reached the entrance to the caverns, that had they not arrived when they did – the elves would have suffered complete obliteration.

"Through here!" An elven solider that they had picked up along the way ran lithely ahead with Vandor close on his tail. Darius shifted back into his man-beast form before following after them – the caverns too constricting for his full lycan size.

In here too, the scent of blood reigned supreme and when they ventured around the final corner, Vandor and Darius leapt ahead to slaughter the last two shifters that had been standing guard in front of the massive double doors.

"Through there," the elf pointed, as he sank to the ground clutching his side. Blood pumped out through his fingers. "Her Majesty – please save her."

"It's locked," Vandor hissed, ramming his shoulder against the doors with a bang.

Darius grinned, his fangs gleaming in the yellow lamp light. "Not for me. Get out of the way."

His shoulder barge worked where Vandor's hand not, the stone doors cracking and then crumbling under pressure. Darius stepped through the hole he had made with Vandor hot on his heels, emerging through the rubble to the other side.

But even before the dust cleared, Darius knew he was too late.

At the other end of the room stood a throne, and in front of the throne stood a man. His sword was drawn, the end of the blade disappearing into the Elf Queen's throat.

"No!" Vandor roared. The General leapt forward, but Darius caught his shoulder in a bruising grip.

"Wait." The command ripped from his throat without thought, and he felt Vandor freeze under his hand.