Chapter 26 | Lilura

Hi lovely people,

Here is Chapter 26 for you~ (a little late sorry).
This chapter was tricky to write, as we are viewing some familiar characters from Darius's POV - so his relationship with them is slightly different than what we are used to! Darius has a generally good relationship with the older cast of APK because of his own age, but I'm sure this will be reflected in this chapter :)

Some of you might wonder about the events that I have chosen to skip in this chapter, and I would reply to you that they have been skipped because they aren't really important to Darius :) Hopefully for any non-readers of APK everything has been explained enough to make sense for you :)

Love always,
Daisy

________________________________________

Chapter 26 | Lilura

*

'Fire cannot touch me
for I have burned one
too many times.
The sea cannot harm me,
for I have been drowning all my life.
Oh, but you,
you could rip my heart open, darling,
for I have never known
l o v e
before.'

-          R. / Asthreria

*

DARIUS

"This humble one thanks the Great Guardian for granting passage."

Darius watched as the Great Dragon slipped beneath the surface of the ocean, quickly vanishing from view- despite the clear ocean waters.

"He is not opening the gates personally this time?" Darius queried, looking towards Ambrose for an explanation.

The water sprite shook his head. "No. There are many guests this time, arriving for the wedding. His Excellency does not have the patience to greet them all and grant them passage through to Lilura. He only met you personally, as he had things he wished to discuss. I will be opening the gate for you in his stead. You may inform me when you are ready to proceed."

Darius nodded. "Very well," he said curtly. He cast a look at Vandor. "You and I will be the only two proceeding into Lilura," he informed his General, "but I will let Ezekiel and the others have access to the city while we are occupied with the wedding."

"The Queen wishes to convey that there is room for your pack, should they wish to reside in the palace." Ambrose said graciously.

"No need," Darius replied curtly. "The lycans I have brought with me this time have never travelled to Lilura before. I do not wish for them to be overwhelmed."

"Very well." Darius could have sworn he saw the corners of Ambrose's lips tick upwards slightly. "Then please let us know if there is anything you desire to restock, while at port."

"Ezekiel will have a list," Darius nodded. "Thank-you."

Ambrose nodded. "Do you wish for passage now, or later?"

My King.

Speak of the devil. "One moment," Darius told Ambrose, frowning lightly, as he replied to Ezekiel through the link.

What is it?

The pack has been briefed, my Lord. We are ready to proceed.

Very well. Darius glanced at Ambrose. We are finished here too. You may bring them above deck and get ready to sail. Ambrose will open the gate for us.