Chapter 12 | Unwelcome

Early Update!
I was never actually going to include this scene in my original outline for this story, as it may be confusing for non-APK readers, but after the response from you guys I decided to just write it anyway as it is not a crucial part of the overall story. So if you find yourself a little confused by this chapter - please don't worry too much! This is more to satisfy my long-time readers more than anything!

In the next Chapter, the story will continue as normal - so feel free to set aside or skip this chapter and just continue from the next one if you find yourself confused by the characters mentioned here.

To my longtime readers and lovers of APK - I hope you enjoy it, even though the boys aren't given too much of a description here, seeing how its from Darius's POV. This was not the original crossover I intended to write, so needless to say there will be yet another crossover to come in future chapters.

Love Daisy <3

______________________

Chapter Twelve | Unwelcome

*

'Why should I apologise for being a
m o n s t e r?
Has anyone ever apologised for
turning me into one?

- Juuzou Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul)

*

What Darius found waiting for him in Elysian was something he never could have foreseen.

The Elven capital was torn. Destroyed, rampaged, broken. The barrier concealing the city – so similar to the one surrounding his own – vanquished to nothing, leaving the devastated Elysian open for all to see.

His body was bristling with apprehension, his senses on high alert as he approached the city entrance, flanked by his pack – and he gave the order to remain in Lycan form. The dim haze of dusk had already begun to fall across the city, but his lycan eyes saw each detail as clearly as if it were mid-afternoon.

Raising his snout, he scented the air heavily. There was a familiar smell here – but he did not know why it was familiar. All he knew, was that it was scent he had smelled a long time ago, the memory of the person it accompanied faded in his mind.

He was currently accompanied by three quarters of his original party, having sent a small group of his lycans to continue to scout the forest back when they had first landed on the shore, while he took his main force to the city itself.

Now, faced with the desolation of Elysian, he made the decision to separate them again.

Split up into three, he commanded his lycans. There are still shifters here. Confirm their rebel status before killing them. Check the northern and southern borders and then meet back at the entrance to Elysian. I will lead the third group into the city.

Yes, my King.

Understood, Majesty.

His lip curled slightly, exposing his fangs. Be cautious. There is something ... else here.

The crunch of paws on crushed earth was the only sound present in the desolate surroundings, as the lycans obeyed his command and disappeared off into the darkening forest.

His ears twitched, back and forth, but no other noise made itself present. Only then did he venture forward, slinking cautiously beyond the point where the concealed entrance used to be, and into the ravaged city of Elysian.