Chapter 33 | Uncovered

Hi everyone!

Wee bit of a filler chapter this week on the lead up to Iris's birthday, plus a few small resolutions/ revelations! I wonder how many you can find ;) (gotta catch them all!)

Happy reading as always,

Much love,
Daisy x

_____________________________

Chapter 33 | Uncovered

*

'She was, in fact
a child of the moon.
Wandering aimlessly,
in the dark.
Bringing light
to everyone around her.'

- S&R (Moon Child)

*

IRIS

It seemed to Iris as though a decision had only just been reached in regards to her birthday, yet almost overnight, life in the palace picked up in preparation for the event.

Iris emerged from the East Wing early one morning and as she made her way to main library for lessons she found that all of the servants that had previously moved undetected through the servant halls, were suddenly bustling through the main halls, busy with a variety of preparations that all looked- Iris thought- rather spectacular, but extremely unnecessary for a non-descript event such as her birthday.

"I thought we were just having a ball?" Iris found Arlo in the main entry way and wandered over to stand by his side.

Her guardian was supervising the decoration of the main entryway it seemed, and Iris became distracted as she watched a group of lycans working together to fluidly to drape massive swaths of white tulle from the grand chandelier.

"It's not just a ball." Arlo said, drawing her to his side. His clear blue eyes watched the workers critically. "It's my darling Iris's birthday. I can't believe you are turning nineteen." His fingers smoothed through her hair absentmindedly. 

"It's just a birthday Arlo," Iris grumbled, leaning further into him. He was warm and he smelt fresh, his curly hair a little damp from a morning bath no doubt. "Have you been here all morning?"

"Mmhm," he hummed distractedly in affirmation, giving her a squeeze. "You need to send it more left!" He called out suddenly, gesturing wildly with his free arm to the lycans hanging the material. "Left, left! Good lord," he groused crossly to Iris, "I'll have to do it myself in a minute."

Iris laughed. "Perfectionist," she teased. "I never took you for a party planner."

Arlo glanced down at her fondly. "Some of us have existed for longer than your mere nineteen years, Iris. There is plenty you don't know about me."

Iris rolled her eyes. "Yes, yes. But still, I would have expected Ezekiel to be in charge of such things, not you."

Arlo was silent and Iris looked up at him curiously. He glanced down at her, and then away to the main staircase, his lips twitching with amusement.

"You mean that Ezekiel?" He pointed and Iris followed his hand just in time to see the aforementioned blonde lycan coming down the staircase with a group of harried looking lycans following after him.

"How many times have I told you," Ezekiel was saying, his elegant features pinched in annoyance, "the theme is silver, not gold. This ball is for the Princess-