Rebirth

(YN)'s POV
No matter where I looked, I'm always reminded of what happened... The Joker's last laugh cleaned Gotham up better than the old man and I could have ever done on our own...

More accurately, Superman did... Taking one life to to save millions... An idea that crossed my mind more often than I'd be able to admit...

Gotham itself didn't seem to change much. Still thugs, still crime lords... still punks with guns running around... I guess Superman and Batman aren't here to stop them...

And so, I decided that I was going to pay some... friendly visits. To some old 'pals' from my days as the Boy Wonder...

...
...
...
...

Naturally, I started with some high-ranking thugs. People that worked for Crime lords and such like that. To get firearms, money, so on...

Honestly, it's a damn shame that it's easier to get a gun than to get a job in this city.

Once I was armed and had cash, I decided to make a bigger move... to be bold.

Too let Bruce know that Gotham has a new hero. One that it deserves. Reviewing the destructive fire arms, I had multiple snipers, pistols, shot guns, and even rocket launchers at my disposal... even bombs...

Ironic how some of the weapons used to kill me will be used on the people who held it.

Now I can get to work.

...
...
...

Months later, in a separate area of Gotham City...

Bruce Wayne stood at the top or a staircase, welcoming Dinah and Oliver, also known as Black Canary and Green Arrow, into his fold.

"You're lucky we found a baby sitter

"You're lucky we found a baby sitter." Dinah remarked, walking up the stairs to meet Bruce. Opening a secret door, Bruce guided the two heroes through a dimly lit tunnel that led to a elevator...

"My great grandfather built the original Gotham underground. But these days, it's the Bat cave." Bruce explained, showing the two heroes what he's been up to since the fall of the regime.

A high tech computer, multiple suits and weapons, gears and gadgets, even vehicles lined the walls of what was a vacant and unknown area in the city.

"And this, is Brother Eye." Bruce notes, referring to the largest super computer in the cave.

"More like Eye of Sauron.." Green Arrow remarked. "Is it a survalence hub?"

"A communications hub. Links every satellite and server on the planet. It warns us when trouble comes, and guides us when trouble is here."

"Must take a real genius to opporate" Canary guessed..

"I dunno about 'genius', but I do got a PhD!" Harley Quinn chimed in, turning towards the group in her personal seat.

"Dinah! Dinah's hubby! You two sure came a long way"

"A world away.. but I guess the.. change in scenery is nice" Green Arrow awkwardly pitched in.

"I'm surprised you called, Bruce. What's up?"

"Dismantling the regime left gaps in global security. We're covering them where we can, but we're stretched thin. Vulnerable. Harleen, show them what you found." Bruce Wayne ordered. Harley nodded, putting up a batman impression.

"RiGhTo bAtS" Harley grinned.

"Because of all of the gaps, apparently super villains have decided that they wanna get more bold. With supes out of the picture and all that. For instance, Gorilla Grodd. Everyone's favorite talking ape. He's got a group of bozos called 'The Society'"

"My mole in Gorilla City says that Grodd is planning something big. But what, where, when, how, we don't know." Bruce added.

"But what we do know is that Scarecrow is gonna give Grodd a butt-ton of fear gas in the Slaughter Swamp. Very mosquito-y" Harley cringed.

"And you said my bug-spray arrow was a dumb idea" Green Arrow chuckled.

"I need you three to stop that gas before it gets to Grodd."

"You won't be joining us for the party?" Canary asked.

"Unfortunately I can't leave Gotham without worrying the public. With the rise of crime and hits against big crime lords, I can't leave." Bruce clarified.

"Wait-Wait, What?" Green Arrow asked, taken aback by the idea that Gotham's people were fighting back...

"Apparently several crime lords such as the Black Mask have lost a considerable portion of firearms and money. With the panic that may bring people, I have to keep a close eye out."

"Don't worry Batsy! Wjth this crew on the case, what could go wrong?" Harley asked, skipping ahead with Dinah.. leaving Ollie and Bruce.

"I... I know I'm the new guy but.. In my world, nobody but Batman would fight like that against crime lords" Green Arrow pointed out. Bruce Wayne nodded, sighing as he turned to brother eye, typing onto a keyboard a bit.

"The same could be said about my gotham. Up until recently.." Bruce sighed, looking at the screen. Ollie nodded and ran ahead to meet up to meet with the two women, leaving Bruce to stare at the security camera...

The screen showed a masked boy skillfully taking down a squad of four soldiers, each enhanced with special armor and weapons. Yet somehow, he took them all down single handedly...

Using small grenades, knives, and twin pistols against a squad like the fearsome hand of four, and winning, isn't something that's done so easily... but before Bruce could consider recruiting this new player, he took a pistol and killed two of the soldiers... using his tazer to stab someone in the eyes, and then his knife to kill the last one...

Bruce got up from his seat, causing it to crash onto the ground as he prepared the batcycle to capture the new killer... due to him leaving on such short notice, he failed to witness the boy stealing their enhanced armor and gadgets...