The Red Sun Prison

"The beta phase is complete. Earth's defenses have bee irreversibly compromised. Begin the count down."

Brainiac's several ships pierced through the clouds like knives, increasing his forces to a dangerous degree. Even his skull ship, which had blocked out the sun, came into the opening. It had become clear that he was making his next move...

Just as Batman was. Once Barry Allen had returned, he informed Bruce and Hal that the largest ships were being moved towards several essential cities.

"So even with Aquaman's marines, we're still badly outnumbered... What's the plan, Bruce?" Hal asked their leader. "You have one, right?"

"We have to evacuate the occupied cities before taking down Brainiac. But we need firepower..."

"Any heavy hitters on the Luthor-Wayne payroll?"

"Only Blue Beetle and Firestorm. But they're busy."

"To busy for this?" Barry asked, pointing to the map he had made.

"They're the last line of defense if Brainiac moves on Superman." Bruce answered.

"Well, if Brainiac doesn't try to break him out, the remaining members of the regime will... The worse things get, the more people think we should let them out to help..." Barry began to prattle, getting a suspicious look from Bruce and Hal Jordon.

"... I'm just saying."

"Let's just hope the new kids can handle the most wanted man in the galaxy."

"Beetle and Firestorm are, Hal. Together, they're the most powerful team we have."

...
...
...

Meanwhile, on Stryker's Island, a doorway opened up to reveal two teenage boys and a professor walking down a long hall, with one of them seemingly upset with their position.

"For real, Jaime. Batman does not think we're important. Aliens are invading, yet we're on guard duty?"

"We're guarding Superman and his Goons." Jaime replied, walking pass the several prison cells that held Superman's followers.

"They already have guards. We're guarding the guards!" Jason groaned, putting his hands into his pockets.

"Jason, you need to see the bigger picture." Professor Stein stated.

"I'd rather be in here than out there." Jaime sighed a bit. "The scarab is an alien war machine... And with the fire storm matrix, If we take on Brainiac, Boom. We blow up the planet"

"Jaime's right. We have to master our powers"

"Listen to yourselves! We're badass! We belong on the front lines."

"Jason, this is the front line." Professor Stein clarified. "Brainiac being here is a crisis. Brainiac and Superman both? That's an apocalypse."

As they argued back and forth, the slowly approached the red sun prison, the holding cell for Superman himself. However, they were unaware of the suprirse guest they had...

"So we're the only thing between a Crisis, and an Apocalypse?" Jaime asked, getting a bit nervous as the scarab flashed a variety of different shades of blue.