Precious Metals

"You've overstayed your welcome." Gorilla Grodd stated, looming before the duo. Dinah remarked that the two were willing to check out, with Oliver shooting three arrows at Grodd.

Just before they hit their mark, Grodd used his telekinesis to force the arrows to drop to the ground.

"Because a giant Gorilla wasn't enough, they had to throw in telekinesis..." Oliver mumbled, watching the horde of Gorillas grow more impatient and aggressive. "Give us a song to soothe these savage beasts."

Dinah nodded, using her Canary Cry to push the soldiers away from Harley's unconscious body. Grodd dodged the attack, rolling out of the way to face Green Arrow, who prepared a few various tipped arrows.

"Agh. I forgot to bring my banana arrow.. Wait, you eat bananas, right? Or is that an offensive stereotype?" Oliver quipped, grinning as Grodd growled.

"You ignorant fool!" Gorilla Grodd shouted while he started charging towards Oliver, who shot an ice arrow down at Grodd's feet. Though he managed to stop the arrow, Grodd's foot was frozen from the ice that shot out at him.

Grunting lowly, Grodd smashed the ice and continued his rampage, swinging his arm out to strike Oliver, who ducked and rolled away.

Shooting another arrow at Grodd, Oliver tried to increase the space between himself and the giant Gorilla.

Slamming his fist into the ground, Grodd used his telekinesis to hit Oliver with a skeleton that was behind him. Catching him off guard, Grodd managed to land a powerful blow to Oliver's stomach, launching him across the area. Slamming his mighty fists against his armored chest, Grodd rampages towards the recovering hero, teeth bared and all. Once Oliver recovered, he broke a flash bang arrow onto the ground, blinding Grodd to Oliver's next attack.

A small explosion ignited from the arrow that hit Grodd's head, forcing Grodd to stumble back as Oliver kicked him further away and fired an ice arrow at him. Freezing his fists together, Grodd was nearly helpless as Oliver smashed Grodd's head back with his now. With Grodd knocked down and his fists frozen, Dinah quickly bound Grodd's arms together with large and advanced handcuffs...

With Grodd's soldiers knocked out and beaten, and the society members out of sight, Grodd growled and grumbled lowly as a smirk slowly crossed his lips.

"That was easier than expected. Let's get Grodd and Harley. I'll try to contact Bruce again." Dinah began. Grodd interrupted her with a distinct chuckle, sitting up from his position.

"It's never a good thing when they have the cuffs on and start chuckling..." Oliver stressed, preparing an arrow to attack Grodd again.

"Humans... You've won this battle, but you've already lost the war." Grodd remarked...

Confused by what he meant, the duo tried to make their way over to Harley, bringing Grodd along for the ride...

Until the area started violently shaking... a powerful earthquake shook all of Gorilla City... Dinah and Oliver looked around to find the source of the earthquake, only to see a giant ship in the sky... One that had shot a beam down at the two, taking them both off of the ground.

Being taken away before they could even say anything, Grodd cackled, standing up as he slammed his cuffs against the erupting earth below him, roaring out in a fit of sinister laughter...

...
...
...

Suddenly, Dinah and Oliver helped each other to their feet to try and search their surroundings... The hall that they had been warped into was decorated in wires, globes, and computers with various languages that were too unique and consistently shifting into new alien writing...

"Olie"...

"I... I got nothin'..." Oliver honestly replied, keeping Dinah closer to himself as they tried to look around...

"Your victory over Gorilla Grodd warrants further study."

Immediately taking defensive positions, the couple watched each other's back with careful eyes... despite being in such an open area, the voice seemed to have came from.. everywhere. As though the ship itself was speaking... giving the two a feeling of being cornered and almost nervous.

The feeling was worsened by the sight of the flood peeling and ripping away, revealing a squirming mass of metallic appendages and tentacles that had been positioned around a body...

Oliver prepared an arrow as the several tentacles began to slither away, revealing their captor in all of his glory...

"Green skin... Smart money bets he's an alien.." Oliver states, keeping a steady aim at the new entity.

"A.. A Martian? Like J'onn J'onnzz?"

"My point of origin was a thousand light-years removed from Mars on the planet Colu. I am... Brainiac."

At that instant, the tendrils and appendages were hurried towards the duo to capture them, wrapping firmly around their wrists. Though the two fought against their bindings, the both were wrestled and slammed onto the ground, just to then be lifted with ease as Brainiac held his arms behind his back.

As Dinah got closer, she unleashed a powerful Canary Cry towards the new threat, who seemed unfased and wrapped a tentacle around her throat, tightening its grip as Dinah desperately tried to free herself.

As the binding grew tighter, Oliver reached out and begged for Brainiac to let her go, however...

"Cause an affect... Resistance begets Violence."

"Then we won't resist! Please, just stop!" Oliver pleads further...

Releasing Canary's throat, Brainiac turns around and walks towards a seperate section of his ship, gazing down through a large window upon the planet that was known as... Earth...

"You're the crisis we were warned about... What do you want?" Oliver asked.

"I seek the one you call... 'Superman'. For many years, I believed I had destroyed Krypton, and all its remnants. Superman's survival is an oversight. One that I must correct." Brainiac replied.

"Superman hadn't been a friend of ours for years." Dinah remarked, narrowing her eyes toward the foe.

"I'm aware. But your planet has also peeked my interest. It's resources and contradictions are... fascinating." Brainiac noted, keeping a steady gaze on earth.

"We'll never serve you." Dinah scowled... Though Brainiac turned towards her with the intention of correcting the errors in her statement.

"Serve? I'm no petty despot. I collect worlds. All to preserve their essential knowledge to enhance my intellect...

... And then I discard the remnants." The World Collector explained. "Your species values precious metals. Arbitrary symbols of status. I value knowledge. And in a similar way to your metals, the fewer people with the knowledge, the more precious it becomes." He concludes, forcing Oliver and Dinah to watch as the attack on earth had begun...